Planners and Their Software: What's Bugging Them?
- E-SOURCING APPS LEAD TO TIME WELL-SPENT. Ferguson, Renee Boucher // eWeek;3/4/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p18
Reports the marketing plans of several computer software developers in California. Release of the enhanced Spend Management module by Verticalnet Inc.; Availability of the Strategic Sourcing suite developed by PeopeSoft Inc.; Launch of the spend Management Suite by Ariba Inc.
- DevOps Gaining Momentum. Goel, Ruchika // Dataquest;3/15/2015, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p78
Statistics are presented of why organizations are embracing the DevOps software development method in their business to attain their goals and achieve positive benefits.
- TURNING PRIVATE CLIENTS' DEBT INTO ASSETS. Rombel, Adam // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the computer software developed by Campbell, California-based FinancialCircuit to help financial advisers, banks, brokers and accountants transform private clients' debts into assets. Increase in customer's cash flow; Market rates for loans; Market monitoring system. INSET: COMPANY...
- Logistics software beats the baking and snack odds. Lorenzi, Neal // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Feb2013, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p69
The article offers information on logistics software developers that are offering cloud-based computing technology to make demand forecasting and production planning easier.
- Which Comes First, the Organization or its Processes? Curtis, Bill // IEEE Software;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the process standards which computer software organizations use in quality practices for software development, while highlighting organizational culture. What organizations will gain when using a process standard for developing a professional software engineering culture; Importance...
- Beyond MRPII toward world-class manufacturing? Maskell, Brian H. // CMA Magazine;Oct95, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p16
Discusses how to attain domination in software manufacturing. Problems with traditional manufacturing resource planning (MRPII) approach. Software characteristics for world-class manufacturing; Retaining basic techniques of MRPII.
- Software developers respond to FOFA and GFC in 2011. // Money Management;4/26/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 15, p7
The article discusses the Investment Trends 2011 Planning Software Report which found that financial planning software in 2011 focused on consolidating and improving functionality of existing applications rather than developing innovative features.
- Web-based companies find advantages to developing technology in Central Valley. Robriguez, Adrian // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/15/2005, Issue 323387, p11
The article reports that in the Central Valley, software development companies like Porterville-based Hyperbidder Inc. just can not get the same exposure it could in the Silicon Valley. The owner of Hyperbidder Inc. Galip Talegon, who founded Hyperbidder in 2001, is overseeing the final stage of...
- A framework to improve communication during the requirements elicitation process in GSD projects. Aranda, Gabriela N.; Vizca�no, Aurora; Piattini, Mario // Requirements Engineering;Nov2010, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p397
hieving a shared understanding of requirements is difficult in any situation, even more so in global software development projects. In such environments, people must deal not only with the lack of face to face communication, but also with other issues such as time difference, cultural diversity...