The Fido Factor and Asset Management Shifts
- It's so easy. Harris, Shaun // Finance Week;11/17/2000, p56
Focuses on the market performance of general equity unit trust funds in South Africa. Most popular equity general funds in the country; Average performance of the popular shares; Argument for index funds; Gain of value unit trust funds for 2000.
- Estimated Flows to Long-Term Mutual Funds. // Money Management Executive;3/3/2014, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p1
Statistics related to long-term mutual funds during February 12-19, 2014 is presented.
- Distorted Reflections. Israelsen, Craig L. // Financial Planning;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p52
Focuses on the funds that track the Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500. Analysis of the 1999 total return for index funds; Ways to measure asset concentration within a mutual fund; Performance of average S&P 500 index fund in 1999.
- The Comparative Performance of Load and No-Load Mutual Funds in Canada. Deaves, Richard // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Dec2004, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p326
This paper investigates, using both single-factor and multi-factor models, the absolute performance of Canadian equity funds and the relative performance of load versus no-load funds. Consistent with a wealth of other studies, I find that the typical fund manager in Canada is unable to surpass...
- Index funds tracking made about? Walker, Chris // Money (Australia Edition);Jul2003, p86
Presents information on the performance of index funds in Australia. Discussion on index funds as low-cost alternative to managed funds; Investment styles; Reasons individuals rather than institutional investors could benefit most from indexing.
- Blocks of stocks that favor fast traders. Francis, David R. // Christian Science Monitor;10/16/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 227, p13
Focuses on exchange-traded funds (ETF), a type of investment which allows shareholders to own and trade several corporate stocks as if they were one share. Similarity to index funds, a type of mutual fund; Reasons that individual investors may or may not want to invest in ETFs.
- Letters. Finley, Robert J.; Zigler, Brad; Hultstrom, David E.; Wroblewski, Al // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reveals the reactions of readers to articles which appeared in different issues of `Journal of Financial Planning.' Importance of a planning tool; Comparison between Exchange-Traded Funds and mutual fund costs; Spending patterns in retirement.
- Pick Funds, Not Stocks. Israelsen, Craig L. // On Wall Street;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p46
Offers a look on the status of equity mutual funds in the United States. How mutual funds are described; Benefits of mutual funds; Percentage mean return of equity mutual funds in 1999. INSET: Look at Those Fund Leftovers!.
- Unit Trusts. // Finance Week;7/13/2001, p49
Presents data on the stock performance of Association of Unit Trusts in the South Africa as of July 2001. Information on the selling and buying prices; Facts on returns for one and three years; Volatility of participating trusts.
- UNIT TRUSTS. // Finance Week;11/2/2001, p64
Presents statistics on prices of unit trusts as of October 29, 2001. Prices of flexible funds in the domestic asset allocation; Rate of Returns of financial sector funds; Volatility of general funds.