Which Mutual Fund Screens Are Worthwhile?
- What is the right number of funds? Ten -- maybe. Jaffe, Charles A. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p20
Offers advice on how to determine how many funds an investor should own. Composition of ten funds recommended by a Schwab Center for Investment Research's study; Considerations for index fund investor; Management of other asset classes.
- Grab 'em While They're Hot... // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1998, Vol. 11 Issue 4, p13
The article reports that new mutual funds, particularly small-cap funds, tend to outperform more mature funds, according to two 1998 studies. This goes against the standard advice of sticking with funds that have been successful for at least three to five years. Of course, the performance gap...
- A high-risk tax plan. // Money Today;1/22/2009, p4
The article evaluates the DBS Chola Tax Advantage Series I fund being offered by DBS Chola Mutual Fund.
- How to assess mutual funds. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Jan1992, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p26
Describes briefly the nature of mutual funds, discusses recent problems in the mutual fund industry, and provides some tips on investing in mutual funds. Sales literature and advertising; Periodic payment plans; More; Details. INSET: If a problem arises (what to do in case of fraud)..
- Instant Diversification. Klein, Melissa // Accounting Technology;Oct2003 Supplement, p25
Evaluates the practicality of investing in mutual funds in the U.S. Offer of instant diversification and low-cost access to investors through mutual funds; Factors suggested by several financial planners in determining a feasible form of investment; Management style employed by fund managers;...
- Fund choices for investors multiply. Halverson, Guy // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/96, Vol. 88 Issue 97, pB1
Focuses on an increase in the number of mutual funds available to investors. Comparison of the number in 1981 to that of 1996; Reason for the expansion of funds; Performance of the average mutual funds in the first quarter of 1996; Information on the consolidation of funds.
- Selected issues. Meschi, Robert L. // FW;1/31/95, Vol. 164 Issue 3, p77
Gives a list of various funds analyzed and recommended by managers of mutual funds and veteran fund raters. Small-company funds; Convertible bond funds; Growth funds; High-yield bond funds; Growth and income funds; Mutual funds.
- Selected issues. Meschi, Robert L. // FW;6/20/95, Vol. 164 Issue 14, p86
Presents securities that have been selected by managers of mutual funds. Aggressive growth fund; Growth & income fund; Specialty financial fund; Government bond fund; Municipal bond fund; Mutual funds; Information on returns, growth, prices and more.
- Most-weather funds. Nikolov, Christopher // FW;1/2/96, Vol. 165 Issue 1, p60
Lists mutual funds that have outperformed the market long term as well as short term. The importance of momentum; Preparing for wide price swings; Consistent outperformers such as Fidelity Growth Company, Delaware Trend, MFS Value, and others.