Are Company Stock Options Retirement Income Gambling?
- Retirement plan briefs. // Practical Accountant;Feb99, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p40
Presents news briefs related to employee retirement plans in the United States. Deductibility of payments for redeemed ESOP shares; Employee Retirement Income Security Act discrimination.
- Exit Strategy. Nersesian, John A. // Financial Planning;Apr2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p131
Offers exit strategies for departing employees with employer stocks in qualified plans. Advice given by financial planners to employees regarding retirement assets; Results of the 2004 survey of major employers conducted by Hewitt Associates; Benefits of the net unrealized appreciation strategy...
- YOUR OPTIONS MAY BE LIMITED. Kiviat, Barbara // Time;8/9/2004, Vol. 164 Issue 6, p102
Mentions the plans for seventy-four percent of firms to reduce or eliminate broad-based option plans according to a survey from Mellon Financial's Human Resources & Investor Solutions group; Possibility that firms will be required to expense options; Statistics on how many firms will increase...
- A primer on 401(k) pension plans. // Toledo Business Journal;May2008, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p8
The article offers information on the 401(k)-type plan or the cash deferred arrangements (CODA) as a form of defined contribution (DC) pension plans in Ohio. The 401(k) pension plans, which is authorized by the Revenue Act of 1978, seeks to limit discrimination in favor of highly compensated...
- Employer Stock In Retirement Plans: Investment Risk and Retirement Security. Purcell, Patrick J. // Benefits Quarterly;2003 Second Quarter, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
The article presents a summary of the research titled "Employer Stock in Retirement Plans: Investment Risk and Retirement Security." It describes a statistical analysis of the relationship between the characteristics of defined contribution plans and the proportion of plan assets held as...
- New Strategies For Nonqualified Benefits. Clary, James // Corporate Board;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 23 Issue 132, p17
Focuses on the development of strategies for nonqualified benefits in the United States. Role of pension plan and stock options in attracting the top talent of a company; Retirement income of executives; Offer of a deferral plans.
- ESPPs Another Way to Help Workers Save for Retirement. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Advisor News;2013, p53
The article reports on research which concluded that employee stock purchase plans (ESPP) can complement workplace savings plans and provide a way for employees to diversify their retirement investment efforts. The study found that improving economic conditions and a strengthening job market are...
- Overdoing Stock Options May Depress Returns for Shareholders. Hays, Scott // Workforce (10928332);Jun99, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p148
Discusses the disadvantages of employee stock options on shareholders. Importance of planning stock-option increase; Necessity of reevaluating stock options; Recommendations for companies.
- Exemptions From Certain Prohibited Transaction Restrictions. Hall, Lyssa E. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;8/1/2012, Vol. 77 Issue 148, p45690
The article presents a notice on the exemptions granted by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) on prohibited transaction restrictions of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA). The exemptions include JP Morgan Chase & Co. and its subsidiaries, South Plains Financial Inc....