A New Age for the CFP Credential
- CFB Board Now Seeks Licensee Input. Murray, M. Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/16/99, Vol. 103 Issue 33, p4
Discusses the controversial designation called Associate CFP announced by the Certified Financial Planners (CFP) Board of Standards. Purpose of the Associate CFP license; Concern of Elissa Buie of the Institute of CFP in Denver, Colorado; Statement from the CFP Board.
- New CFPs pass muster. // CMA Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p35
Announces the results of the Financial Planners Standards Council of Canada's first Professional Proficiency Examination (PPE) leading to the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation. Number of examinees who passed the exams; Total number of examinees who took the exam.
- College offers online CFP review. // Financial Planning;Feb98, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p24
Announces that the College for Financial Planning (CFP) is offering a preparation course for the CFP Board's Certification Examination on the Internet. Pre-tests with 100 questions; Section tests in five study areas; Case scenarios with three case problems; Post-tests with 100 questions each.
- CFP Board's Initiative Create Financial-Planning Standards. Whitney, Sally // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug99, Vol. 100 Issue 4, p84
States that the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards has developed initiatives to establish financial planning standards in the United States. Establishment of a financial planning designation; Qualification for CFP Board accreditation.
- CFP Board Drops More Designations. Rasmussen, Eric // Financial Planning;Jul2000, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p24
Reports on the decision of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards to drop its trademark certification. Basis of the board's decision; Debate over the CFP Practitioner designation.
- Planners make the grade. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p88
Reports on the number of examiners who passed the March 1998 Certified Financial Planner certification examination in the United States.
- `Associate CFP' A Mistake. Boone, Norman M. // Journal of Financial Planning;Aug1999, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p24
Discusses the author's view that the development of Associate Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation by the CFP Board of Standards as an entry-level financial planning standard in the United States is a mistake. Explanation on the distress surrounding the Associate CFP designation; Views...
- The next generation. Travis, Lee // Money Marketing;6/17/2010, Special section p5
In this article the author comments on enhancing young financial advisers' professional status by taking qualifying examinations in Great Britain.
- Message from the Executive Director. McCall, James F. // Armed Forces Comptroller;Summer2000, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p5
Focuses on the Certified Defense Financial Manager examination in the United States. Recommendation for the examination; Self study of the certification.