Now What Do I Own?…
- Retirement Plans a Major Vehicle for Owning Mutual Funds. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p3
The article focuses on a research report from Investment Company Institute (ICI), which examined mutual fund-owning households in 2012. The findings indicate that almost half of mutual fund-owning households held funds through multiple channels during this period. Meanwhile, 72% of households...
- Americans Like DC Arrangements. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p83
The article presents results of the survey published by the investment organization Investment Co. Institute (ICI) that details the perspectives of households on defined contribution (DC) retirement accounts in the U.S. Results show that approximately two-thirds of respondents have positive...
- Retirement planning's computer course topic. Hensley, Scott // American Banker;3/1/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 41, p10
Presents information on the Investment Company Institute which is offering a company-based training course titled `Retirement Plans and IRAs: Basic Training' about retirement planning. Information on course.
- Fund group criticizes bank regulators for policies that clash with SEC rules. Crockett, Barton // American Banker;12/5/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 232, p1
Reports on the Investment Company Institute's concern over the clashing of banking legislators with their securities counterparts over banks' fund activities. Complaints on joint guidelines; Comments by industry experts.
- Exchange-Traded Fund Assets Rise 3.8%. // American Banker;7/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 144, p7
Reports that the assets of exchange-traded funds in the United States rose in June 2001. Figures from the Investment Company Institute; Assets in broad-based domestic funds; Amount of net new shares issued during the month; Comparison with May 2001 figures.
- Closed-end mutual funds. Rowe, S. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
How closed-end mutual funds differ from open-end mutual funds; Advantages of closed-end funds; Venture funds; Where to buy them.
- Closed-End Fund Discounts: Pedagogical Note. Caks, John; Zarruk, Emilio R. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p95
Presents an exercise in the application of a common stock valuation model to the analysis of closed-end funds discount. Impact of small but permanent changes in cash flows capitalized over time; Transaction costs as justification for closed-end funds discount in an efficient market.
- Investor sentiment and the closed-end fund evidence: Impact... Leonard, David C.; Shull, David M. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p117
Focuses on a study which analyses the comovement of closed-end fund and small firm returns. What comovement is ascribed to; What is detected from empirical tests for period during July 1965 to March 1980; When comovement disappeared; Data and screening procedures used; Empirical results;...
- Big discounts. Big deal. Geer Jr., John F. // Financial World;9/16/96, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p62
Gives advice on investing in closed-end funds in the United States. Purchase of a fund below net asset values; Trick in looking past the price to make sure there is a catalyst; Glut of discounts on closed-end funds.