Now What Do I Own?…
- Retirement Plans a Major Vehicle for Owning Mutual Funds. Moore, Rebecca // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p3
The article focuses on a research report from Investment Company Institute (ICI), which examined mutual fund-owning households in 2012. The findings indicate that almost half of mutual fund-owning households held funds through multiple channels during this period. Meanwhile, 72% of households...
- Americans Like DC Arrangements. Manganaro, John // Plan Sponsor News;2014, p83
The article presents results of the survey published by the investment organization Investment Co. Institute (ICI) that details the perspectives of households on defined contribution (DC) retirement accounts in the U.S. Results show that approximately two-thirds of respondents have positive...
- Closed-end mutual funds. Rowe, S. // Black Enterprise;Aug87, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p31
How closed-end mutual funds differ from open-end mutual funds; Advantages of closed-end funds; Venture funds; Where to buy them.
- Closed-End Fund Discounts: Pedagogical Note. Caks, John; Zarruk, Emilio R. // Financial Practice & Education;Spring/Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p95
Presents an exercise in the application of a common stock valuation model to the analysis of closed-end funds discount. Impact of small but permanent changes in cash flows capitalized over time; Transaction costs as justification for closed-end funds discount in an efficient market.
- Investor sentiment and the closed-end fund evidence: Impact... Leonard, David C.; Shull, David M. // Quarterly Review of Economics & Finance;Spring96, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p117
Focuses on a study which analyses the comovement of closed-end fund and small firm returns. What comovement is ascribed to; What is detected from empirical tests for period during July 1965 to March 1980; When comovement disappeared; Data and screening procedures used; Empirical results;...
- Big discounts. Big deal. Geer Jr., John F. // Financial World;9/16/96, Vol. 165 Issue 12, p62
Gives advice on investing in closed-end funds in the United States. Purchase of a fund below net asset values; Trick in looking past the price to make sure there is a catalyst; Glut of discounts on closed-end funds.
- Exit of less-experienced investors helps narrow discounts. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30186, p12
Reports that the drop out of less sophisticated investors in municipal bond closed-end funds in the United States in 1996 which enabled the funds to narrow down their discounts. Scant evidence found of tax-selling during the year; Level of sophistication returning to the market; Movement of...
- Encounters of the closed kind. Korn, Donald Jay // Financial Planning;Jan1998, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p51
Examines the advantages of closed-end funds over open-ends funds. Helpful insights on planning to invest in closed-end funds; Investing in World Equity Benchmark Shares.
- Get $1 worth of stock for 80 cents. Mangan, Doreen // Medical Economics;11/25/96, Vol. 73 Issue 22, p97
Focuses on closed-end funds. Fixed number of shares that trade on stock exchanges; Buy-and-hold investments; Less pressure for fund managers; Advice for buying closed-end funds.