The Affluent and Charitable Giving…
- Money Doesn't Take Care of All Worries. Hickey, Jennifer G. // Insight on the News;12/9/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p10
Highlights results of a survey conducted by the U.S. Trust Company on the attitudes of the affluent population. Concerns of affluent Americans over terrorism; Rise in concerns about the fiscal burdens facing the next generation; Sentiments expressed about the wisdom of investments.
- Terror and Taxes. Garland, Eric // Financial Planning;Jul2004, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p21
Deals with the findings of a survey conducted by U.S. Trust regarding the financial worry of rich people in the U.S. Percentage of respondents who cited terrorism as a financial threat; Concern of rich consumers regarding the increase in taxes; Views of clients on their insurance companies.
- Money - who needs it? Snyder, Eric // Inside Tucson Business;05/22/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p4
Comments on findings of a survey by `Modern Maturity' magazine focused on public opinion on wealth in the United States. Percentage of Americans who profess an aversion to wealth; Perception that wealth make people greedy; Speculation that respondents who scorn money never had wealth or had...
- Reversal of Fortune. Swartz, Mimi // Texas Monthly;Dec2007, Vol. 35 Issue 12, p122
The author comments on the declining popularity of the city of Houston in Texas as home to some of the world's rich people. She discusses the various reasons behind the trend, including the growing gap between rich and poor. She investigates on whether the resurrection of Houston as an...
- 'Affluenza' strikes children of wealth. Khasru, B. Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;01/08/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p2
Reports on a survey concerning children of wealthy families in the United States. Need for children to learn the value of money.
- A call to the wealthy to share largesse. // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/10/97, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p6
Editorial. Calls for wealthy people in Indiana to share their largesse to worthy causes. Amount of wealth created in central Indiana during the 1990s; Examples of successful companies that have made donations to charities in the state; Implications of such a trend for the state's development.
- Scope seeks shop sponsors. Pudelek, Jenna // Third Sector;9/25/2012, Issue 723, p5
The article reports that Scope has launched a program calling on wealthy people to sponsor new charity shops in Great Britain.
- FLOWERS OF SPEECH (U.S.A.). // Punch, or the London Charivari, Vol. 146, February 4, 1914;1/1/1914, p18
The article presents a quote from a wealthy American Westerner associated with the move of a duchess to plead the cause of her pet charity.
- Saturnalian Letters: IV. // Works of Lucian of Samosata, Vol. 4;1905, p126
A letter from rich people to Cronus in response to the latter's request that they share their prosperity to poor people especially during the holidays.