The Short Side of Long-Term Care Insurance…
- Study: Long-Term Care Crisis Ahead. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p87
Focuses on the results of a survey sponsored by the American Health Care Association which revealed that baby boomers are unprepared for the financial burdens of long-term care. Problems identified by the survey; How the survey was conducted; Implications of the survey results.
- Zogby Poll Finds 23% Of Americans Procrastinating On Decisions For Financing Long-Term Care Needs. Burns, Tracy // Insurance Advocate;11/04/2000, Vol. 111 Issue 44, p34
Focuses on the findings of the Zogby International's survey in 2000 on the attitude of people in the United States to long term care insurance. Requirements most people have when purchasing long term care insurance; Benefit of long-term care insurance; Issue on the cost of caring for the aged.
- Americans Confused About Long-Term Care Insurance. Coyle, Tom; Dixon, Mary // America's Community Banker;Dec99, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p37
Reports on some results of a survey on long-term care insurance conducted by General Electric Company. Projected annual average nursing home care cost by 2030; Percentage of respondents that were anxious about meeting long-term care financial goals; Percentage of respondents that had begun...
- LTC survey pinpoints underwriting issues. Pass, Ted; Brenner, Beverly // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;11/16/98, Vol. 102 Issue 46, p7
Reports on a survey on long-term care insurance in the United States. Impaired risk in the market; Use of multiple rate classes; Fractions of applications that are declined; Decrease in rate of return.
- Long-term protection. Martin, Ronnie // Money Marketing;5/2/2002, p53
Deals with issues concerning long-term care protection or insurance in Great Britain. Rate set for long-term incapacity; Public opinion on the shortfalls of state benefits; Statistics on state incapacity benefit claims; Factors to consider in assessing risks involved in underwriting income...
- READER PULSE. // Advisor Today;Jul2003, Vol. 98 Issue 7, p58
Presents what readers of the periodical 'Advisor Today,' can say about what clients truly mean when they say they do not need to buy long-term care insurance. William T. Parker; Neelam Salmen; William K. McGreevy: Charles Mercer Jr.; James D. Maltz.
- Long Term Care Reimbursement Changes. // Illinois Register;2/1/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p1112
The article presents a notice issued by the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services (DHFS) to amend its regulations regarding long term care reimbursement charges. The DHFS solicits public comments on this notice within 45 days of publication of this notice in the journal through...
- Canadian Seniors Ill Prepared For Long-Term Care Needs, New Poll Shows. // Insurance Broadcasting;4/25/2013, p1
The article offers information on the Leger Marketing Inc.'s poll of Canadians over 60 years of age, conducted on behalf of the non-profit association Canadian Life and Health Insurance Association. According to the poll, 56 percent of Canadians are not familiar with the costs of long-term care...
- Perception is reality. Wright, Anne Pavuk // Trustee;Apr97, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p22
Focuses on American Hospital Association's Committee on Governance's survey on the opinion of the public on health care access, coverage and quality in the United States. Attempt to give trustees insight on how others see the health care system; Community sentiments on health care; Concern of...