ICFP INSIDE WASHINGTON
- CFP Board Withdraws Idea For Associate Designation. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Dec99, Vol. 100 Issue 8, p84
Reports on the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards' withdrawal of its applications to the United States Patent and Trademark Office for trademarks `Associate CFP' and `CFP Associate.' Concern of the members of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners; What the CFP Board promised.
- Widmann Takes Office as President of Group of State Securities Regulators. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/5/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31983, p4
Reports on the designation of Franklin L. Widmann as president of the North American Securities Administrators Association Inc. in Scottsdale, Arizona. Plan of Widmann to enforce state securities laws; Implementation of training programs for regulators; Career history of Widmann.
- TEN YEARS AGO AT THE INSTITUTE. // Journal of Financial Planning;Feb1997, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p15
Presents a retrospective of the significant events involving the Institute of Certified Financial Planners in 1986. Research project des
- Simplify your finances. Ostermiller, Marilyn // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May97, Vol. 98 Issue 1, p72
Reports on the recommendation of the Institute of Certified Financial Planners regarding consolidation of similar types of investment to better handle financial burdens.
- Our Past is Our Future. Walker, Lewis J. // Journal of Financial Planning;Oct98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p46
Opinion. Comments on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP). Reasons the Institute was founded; Theme of the Institute's 1998 Certified Financial Planners Annual Conference which was held in San Diego, California during July; Legacy of the ICFP as described in the ideas and...
- Lloyd's enters agreement with Securities Administrators' Assn. for one-month standstill. Ammerman, Laurie // Insurance Advocate;4/6/96, Vol. 107 Issue 14, p5
Reports on a broad pact reached by Lloyd's North America with the North American Securities Administrators' Association for a standstill on the effort of the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions to freeze the US Trust Fund of Lloyd's. Terms of the agreement; Implications of the pact.
- ICFP BRIEFS. // Journal of Financial Planning;Apr99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p10
Presents update on the Institute of Certified Financial Planners (ICFP) as of April 1999. Agreement between the ICFP and the International Association for Financial Planning (IAFP); Highlights of the Wealth Management Symposium II; Technical comments submitted by the ICFP to the United States...
- Planning Merger Dependent On ICFP Vote. Murray, Christian // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;5/17/99, Vol. 103 Issue 20, p3
Deals with the issue surrounding the merger of the International Association of Financial Planners (IAFP) and the Institute of Certified Finacial Planners (ACFP). Reason for the proposed merger of the IAFP and the ICFP; Information on the voting process for the merger; Fears and apprehension...
- How to get out of debt. // USA Today Magazine;Aug95, Vol. 124 Issue 2603, p3
Outlines the Institute of Certified Financial Planners' suggestion on how Americans can get out of their debts. Includes controlling debt incurring actions; Making a spending plan; Getting a second job.