Learning from the Past
- Plans with company stock slow to recover. Jacobius, Arleen // Pensions & Investments;2/22/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p51
Looks at the performance of defined contribution funds with company stock investments in 1998. Decline in the stock performance of Coca-Cola Co.'s defined contribution plan; Recovery of Pfizer Inc.'s defined contribution plan; Continuous decline in Phillips Petroleum's stock.
- Coca-Cola deals show beverage e-ffervescence. Chura, Hillary // Advertising Age;11/20/2000, Vol. 71 Issue 48, p3
The article highlights the business strategies of the United States-based beverage company, Coca-Cola citing its acquisition of equity positions in electronic commerce and emerging technology companies. It has bought stakes in 10 to 20 companies that have marketing relationships with the...
- Pepsi appealing to social media-savvy youngsters with global campaign. Millington, Alison // Marketing Week (Online Edition);1/7/2015, p1
The article focuses on a digital-first global advertising campaign by beverage manufacturer PepsiCo through social media websites and television to target audience under 16 to 25 age group. It reflects on the statement of Kristin Patrick, senior vice president for PepsiCo beverage brands, that...
- Changing Focus Helps Coca-Cola Beat Earnings Estimates. // Investors Business Daily;10/26/2016, p1
The article informs that Atlanta-based soft drink firm Coca-Cola has posted third-quarter earnings on October 26, 2016 that beat analyst estimates and so share prices got a lift in early trading. It is noted that adjusted earnings were 49 cents a share due to Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Muhtar...
- The Coca-Cola Co targets US$3bn annual cost savings by 2019. Wilmore, James // Aroq - Just-Drinks.com (Global News);10/24/2014, p10
The article focuses on plans of soft drinks manufacturer Coca-Cola Co. to streamline its business in order to target annual cost savings of 3 billion U.S. dollars by 2019. Topics discussed include the decline in third quarter 2014 profits, comments from chief executive officer (CEO) Muhtar Kent...
- For the record. // Beverage World;3/31/94, Vol. 113 Issue 1563, p26
Reports on the plan of Coca-Cola Co. to increase its capital spending by 50 percent in 1994.
- Coca-Cola Puerto Rico signs 27 new accounts. Ryan, Frances // Caribbean Business;2/20/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p11
Announces the Coca-Cola's acquisition of 27 new accounts. Accounts signed by the company from hotels; Competition between Coca-Cola and Pepsi Cola; Factors affecting the increase in the sales of the company in 1996; Fast-food accounts acquired; Increase in the market share of the company after...
- Investor refreshment. Carey, David // Adweek Western Edition;11/6/95, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p60
Focuses on the performance of Coca-Cola stocks in Wall Street. Knockout performance anchored on earnings growth; Coke's symbiotic ties to Wall Street legends; Building of credibility with investors; Analysts' relations with Coke executives; Denial of reports that company retaliates against...
- Stock quotations. // Beverage World;Oct94, Vol. 113 Issue 1576, p12
Reports on Coca-Cola Co. stock endorsements. Increase of investor Warren Buffett's share to 7.8 percent; Views of `Boston Globe' magazine's financial columnist on shares acquired; Prudential's rating.