India has potential to challenge China
- Food demand 'offers opportunities'. PAFFORD, JEREMY // ICIS Chemical Business;6/17/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 21, p13
The article reports on the insights of consultant Thomas Dorr about the emergence of middle classes in Asia and the business opportunities that they could create for farmers and petrochemical producers in the U.S. According to him, the grow of Asian middle classes will trigger the development of...
- Excess Capacity Delays Market Recovery. Cage, Sam // Chemical Week;2/26/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 8, p29
Reports on the delay in market recovery of petrochemical producers until 2004, due to their failure to rationalize capacity in 2002. Information on the oversupply problem of producers; Effect on demand recovery; Observation of Richard Sleep, industry consultant at Nexant Chem Systems, on market...
- Understanding volatile propane prices. Regan Jr., Gordon E. // LP/Gas;Oct2003, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p44
Focuses on the number of variables that impact propane supply, demand and pricing. Occurrence of the propane demand in the U.S.; Implications of the fluctuations in crude and natural gases prices for the propane prices; Citation of the petroleum chemicals industry as the largest consumer of...
- Business Environment Ratings. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q4 2011, Issue 4, p55
The article reports on the business environment rating of the U .S. petrochemical industry. As of the third quarter of 2011, the U.S. petrochemical industry scores 86.1 points, down 0.1 since the previous quarter due to lower country risk scores but retains the lead in regional America ratings....
- Iranian cargoes add length to market. JIN, KENY // ICIS Chemical Business;11/15/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 17, p17
The article reports that around 30,000 tonnes of styrene from Iran will be received in China during December 2010. It is stated that Iran's styrene shipments were due to the restart of Pars Petrochemical's 600,000 tonne/year plant. It is mentioned that China's demand for imported styrene does...
- Asia naphtha falls but post-holiday outlook is strong. PITCHES, JO; MARTIN, SHEENA; Dennis, James; Dillon, Tony // ICIS Chemical Business;2/7/2011, Vol. 279 Issue 5, p24
The article offers information on the Asian naphtha prices. It is mentioned that naphtha prices in Europe has decreased owing to the low demands from the petrochemical industries. It is expected that post Lunar new Year's holidays, demand from China will increasing, thus strengthening the...
- Europe petchem demand rise sees mixed reaction. JAMES, CUCKOO // ICIS Chemical Business;6/24/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 22, p20
The article reports on the reaction of the market from the increased demand of petrochemicals in Europe in June 2013.
- Asian Petchem Profitability Continues to Falter. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/2/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p13
Reports the economic condition of the petrochemical industry in Asia. Decline in the supplies of petrochemicals; Improvement in the operating rates; Decrease in the prices of petrochemicals.
- WORLD PETROCHEMICAL INDUSTRY STUDY. // ICIS Chemical Business;3/18/2013, Vol. 283 Issue 10, p27
The article offers information on the annual World Petrochemical Industry Study (Olefins) Study of ICIS Consulting which offers comprehensive analysis of the global supply and demand of petrochemical products such as ethylene and propylene.