Hair dye chemicals banned
- EC to Probe Links Between Hair Dyes and Bladder Cancer. // Chemical Market Reporter;7/2/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the plan of the European Commission to conduct a study on the link between use of hair dyes and bladder cancer. Demands from the Scientific Committee for Cosmetic Products and Non-Food Products of the commission; Bladder cancer risks among women in Los Angeles, California; Evaluation...
- Knowledge is power. Korman, Lorraine // American Salon;May97, Vol. 120 Issue 5, p12
Comments on the controversy over a story in the `Journal of the American Pharmaceutical Association,' which maintained an association between the lead acetate found in some haircolor products and the risk of cancer among product users. Media's efforts to bring the issue into the forefront;...
- Raven hair: Rosky...unless real. Segell, Michael // Cosmopolitan;Jun94, Vol. 216 Issue 6, p60
Discusses the health aspects of black hair dye. Development of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma for users of black-dye for more than 20 years; Cancer risk of beauticians; Avoidance by women trying to get pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Hair dyes are not linked to cancer. Fellingham, Christine // Glamour;Apr94, Vol. 92 Issue 4, p98
Gives details on hair dyes. Association with cancer incidence; Risk of non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma among dye users; Requirement for warnings against hair dyes.
- Personal use of hair dyes and risk of bladder cancer: a meta-analysis of epidemiologic data. Michael Kelsh; Dominik Alexander; Renee Kalmes; Patricia Buffler // Cancer Causes & Control;Aug2008, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p549
Abstract ObjectiveÂ Â We compared, updated, and expanded the analyses of two previous meta-analyses of personal hair dye exposure and bladder cancer, and briefly discussed the biological plausibility of a systemic hazard to human health from exposure to para-phenylenediamine (PPD), a key...
- ESSENCE BEAUTY BEST SELLERS LIST. // Essence (Time Inc.);Jun2009, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p36
A list of the magazine's razors and hair color products best sellers is presented, including Gilette Venus Embrace Razor, Bic Soleil Twilight Triple Blade Shavers for Women and Gilette Venus Sensitive Skin disposable razors for the razor category and Revlon ColorSilk in Dark Brown, Garnier...
- My roots are showing. Danzinger, Lucy S. // Self;Jul2002, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p18
Relates the experience of the author on highlighting the hair. Natural hair color of the author; Information on the improved method of the author of highlighting the hair; Discussion on women's method of bringing out natural beauty.
- hair color to dye for. Robins, Cynthia // Health (Time Inc. Health);Sep2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p104
Provides tips for hair coloring. Tips for highlighting; Some of the available products used when coloring gray hair; How to choose the shade; How to care for color-treated hair. INSETS: Tricks of the trade;How to care for color-treated tresses.
- Dream Weaver. // Shape;May2012, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p53
The article offers brief information on the Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray.