Bain Capital sells on Brenntag
- Brenntag split theory divides commentators. // European Chemical News;5/26/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2054, p7
Focuses on the restructuring of chemical company Brenntag. Rationale for selling its business divisions in the U.S.; Potential bidders; Estimate of its value.
- A New Era Opens up Ahead of Brenntag. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;11/19/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 42, p37
Reports that railroad firm Deutsche Bahn AG has been seeking to sell Brenntag, a leading chemical distributor in Europe and Latin America. Three private equity capital companies bidding for Brenntag; Scheduled completion date for the divestment; Comments from Brenntag CEO Klaus Engel.
- business In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/8/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 10, p26
Reports on developments concerning the U.S. chemical industry as of March 8, 2004. Completion of Bain Capital LLC of its acquisition of Brenntag AG; Freudenberg & Co.'s acquisition of Chem-Trend Inc.; Expansion of the nitrogen operation of Air Liquide America.
- Bain moves to distribution with Brenntag purchase. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2081, p6
Reports on the acquisition of Brenntag by Bain Capital in Germany. Value of the acquisition; Benefit of the acquisition for Bain Capital; Terms of the acquisition.
- Brenntag predicts sales rise. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;12/22/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2081, p6
Reports on a forecast made by Brenntag chief executive officer Klaus Engel regarding the increase in its sales performance. Decision of the company to enter the Asian market; Plan of the company to improve its sales performance; Views of Engel on the plan of Bain Capital for Brenntag.
- Brenntag Shifts Up a Gear. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;8/16/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 31, p50
Provides information on Brenntag chemical company. Financial performance of the company; Comments from the company's chairman, Rients Visser; Expansion plans of the company.
- europe In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/30/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 26, p4
Reports on developments in the chemical industry in Europe for the week ended July 7, 2003. Speculations that German rail operator Deutsche Bahn has shortlisted four bidders for a takeover of Brenntag, its chemicals distribution business; Possible marketing restrictions resulting from the...
- Market penetration supports profits. Cozier, Muriel // European Chemical News;4/7/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2047, p20
Reports the financial performance of global chemical distributor Brenntag in 2002. Comparison of the financial results for 2002 and 2001; Companies acquired by Brenntag.
- Untitled. // Chemical Week;4/17/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 16, p13
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of April 17, 2002. Cost of opening the Alameda Corridor, linking the ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach in California; Benefits of the Alameda Corridor opening to nearby chemical companies; Increase in the earnings before interest and taxes of...