Outages hike MA
- Maleic anhydride. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/30/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 6, p43
The article profiles maleic anhydride (MA) that is widely used to make unsaturated polyester resins (UPRs). The supply of MA in Europe has stayed tight since the fourth quarter of 2009, because a 115,000 tonne/year plant in Feluy, Belgium was closed. However, overall demand in Europe has...
- Maleic anhydride prices set to stay soft in SE Asia. Ng, Joson // ICIS Chemical Business;7/6/2015, Issue 3667, p2
The article discusses the decline in maleic anhydride prices in the Southeast Asia and China markets in response to sufficient inventories held by consumers and due to lower manufacturing activity during the Muslim fasting month of Ramadan in certain areas of the region.
- PLAYERS HOPE FOR CALMER QUARTER. Robson, Rachel; Brice, Andy // ICIS Chemical Business;10/23/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 40, p35
The article reports that the European maleic anhydride market faced a turbulent 2006 third quarter, with prices soaring as production problems plagued the market and tightened supply. Buyers and sellers alike note that supply is easing, but they acknowledge that if any further unexpected...
- US maleic anhydride contracts flat. Dietrich, John // ICIS Chemical Business;6/30/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 25, p21
The article discusses contract prices for maleic anhydride in U.S. chemical markets as of June 2014, reporting that contract prices have remained stable for a second consecutive month due to feedstock costs such as butane costs and matters pertaining to supply and demand.
- Maleic anhydride on the up. Boswell, Clay; Victory, Mark; Yeen, Cheong Su; Balboa, Brian // ICIS Chemical Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 278 Issue 13, p18
The article reports that increasing demand for unsaturated polyester resin is increasing maleic anhydride (MA) prices. As stated, due to the growth in the construction and automotive markets, demand for MA is recovering and prices have also risen. In Europe weekly spot prices for MA (liquid)...
- Maleic anhydride. Burridge, Elaine // European Chemical News;9/29/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2070, p15
Provides information on maleic anhydride (MA), its use, price and production in the European chemical industry. Markets where the chemical is used; Supply and demand for MA.
- US November maleic anhydride contracts settle at rollover. Dietrich, John // ICIS Chemical Business;11/25/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 17, p22
The article reports that contract prices for maleic anhydride (MA) in the U.S. have remained flat in November 2013 due to steady supply/demand balances and stable feedstock costs.
- MPG. // ICIS Chemical Business;12/12/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 19, p35
The article offers information on the price, uses, and supply/demand data for monopropylene glycol (MPG). MPG originates from unsaturated polyester resins (UPRs) used in surface coatings and glass fiber-reinforced resins. Demand for MPG in Europe is lower than expected, particularly for...
- Indian converters scramble for supplies of resins. LING, ONG SHEAU // ICIS Chemical Business;3/12/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 10, p20
The article focuses on resins supplies for which Indian converters are scrambling including polyolefins prices which is surging despite of local shutdowns and reduced imports from Middle East. It discusses how Indian converters are fighting for polyolefins amid expectations that plastics...