Haifa port disruptions send PX prices sky high
- Gadiv declares Haifa force majeure. Ovrebekk, Hilde // Chemical Market Reporter;7/31/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on Gadiv Petrochemical Industries' declaration of a force majeure on the supply of all products from its plants in Haifa, Israel due to the rockect attacks on the city. The plants were producing at reduced capacity and were not shut down. Chemicals produced by the facility...
- DIGEST. // Chemical Week;8/16/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 19, p27
This section offers news briefs in the chemical industry, including the planned expansion of Ashland Aqualon Functional Ingredients' hydroxypropylcellulose capacity at its plant in Hopewell, Virginia, the start of operations by W. R. Grace at its Chongqing, China, and the lifting by BASF of its...
- BASF Declares Force Majeure Following Caprolactam Outage. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/30/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 11, p3
Reports on the force majeure declared by BASF Corp. as a result of a railcar explosion and fire that damaged a caprolactam facility in Freeport, Texas on September 13, 2002. Uncertain duration of the force majeure declaration; Effect of the force majeure on the markets for nylon and caprolactam.
- Celanese Extends Force Majeure on Acetic Acid. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;6/20/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 21, p7
The article reports on the announcement by Celanese that it has extended force majeure on acetic acid after initial attempts to restart its Clear Lake, Texas plant were unsuccessful. It has also expanded the force majeure to include additional acetyl derivatives. The plant needs additional...
- PPG declares force majeure at Lake Charles VCM plant. // Chemical Week;1/7/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 1, p4
The article reports that the chemical company PPH Corp. has declared force majeure at a Lake Charles, Louisiana chemical plant following a December 24, 2012 fire that will likely impact its earnings.
- Shell declares SM force majeure. PROTTI-ALVAREZ, FRANCINA // Chemical Week;7/22/2013, Vol. 175 Issue 20, p26
No abstract available.
- Israeli move hints at aromatics spin-off. // Chemical Week;7/24/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the Israeli government's consideration to change the status of Gadiv Petrochemical Industries Ltd., the aromatics subsidiary of state-owned Oil Refinery.
- Ampco Declares Force Majeure; Methanol Prices Soar. Hwee Sim, Peck // Chemical Week;8/23/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 28, p30
The article announces the force majeure declaration of the Atlantic Methanol Co. on methanol supply for September 2006. It is due to a failure at the synthetic gas unit. Spot methanol prices were already rising in recent weeks prior to the Ampco force majeure, due to unplanned outages at various...
- Market News and Views. // ICIS Chemical Business;6/18/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 71, p19
The article reports on the unplanned shutdown of the acetic acid plant of U.S. producer Celanese. Even before U.S. producer Celanese announced force majeure on acetic acid and downstream acetyls from its 1.2 million tonne/year plant at Clear Lake, Texas, market players had voiced concerns over...