CSPC plans to expand jv unit
- Shell Completes China Complex. // Chemical Week;1/4/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p33
The article reports on the completion of the construction of the petrochemical complex of CNOOC Shell Petrochemicals at Daya Bay, China. The complex features an 800,000-m.t./year cracker.
- Mitsubishi mulls PTMEG link to BDO project. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;4/4/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 485, p21
Reports on the plan of Mitsubishi Chemical to build a polytetramethylene glycol plant in China. Production capacity of the plant; Contract negotiation being held by the company with CNOOC Shell Petrochemicals Co.; Overview of Mitsubishi's plan for the plant construction.
- Butadiene. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;2/6/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p39
The article focuses on the market performance of butadiene. Butadiene is the main raw material for synthetic rubber. Export demand is strong into Asia where spot prices have risen in a tight market due to the delayed start-up of CNOOC Shell Petrochemical's new unit. Plants are planned in Iran,...
- Taita revives ABS. // Asian Chemical News;9/6/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 459, p20
Reports on the revival of an acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plant by Taita Chemical in Huizhou, Guangdong, China. Background on the negotiation between Taita and CNOOC Shell Petrochemicals Co. (CSPC) for a feedstock offtake; Competitor of Taita in ABS investment in Huizhou; Annual...
- Foster Wheeler Signs a Number of Deals. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/28/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 26, p11
Reports on Foster Wheeler International Corp.'s contracts in the chemical industry. Foster's contract to build a purified terephthalic acid plant in Map Ta Thut, Thailand, for Indorama Petrochemical; Professional services contract signed by the company with CSPC, a joint venture between China...
- STYRENE. // Chemical Week;5/17/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 17, p35
The article provides information on the styrene market as of May 2006. Global styrene demand has been growing at about 1.5 times gross domestic product says DeWitt & Co. A total of 1.9 million metric tons/year of new styrene capacity is expected to start up in 2006, including CNOOC Shell...
- Shell, CNOOC rev up their China operations. Govinasamy, Siva // Chemical Market Reporter;2/13/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 6, p16
The article reports on the successful launching of CNOOC Shell Petrochemicals Co.'s production complex in Guangdong Sheng, China. The plant has the capacity to produce big volumes of ethylene, propylene, and olefin annually. Chinese market also expects the company to deliver its contract...
- Bag thief shatters the peace in CSPC's utopia. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;5/29/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 21, p50
An anecdote on snatchers and resettled farmers near Daya Bay, China is presented. The snatchers failed to grab the bag of the author who just attended a press conference held by CSPC, the joint venture company of CNOOC and Shell.
- CSPC gets tough over safety in Daya Bay. Tan, Clara // Asian Chemical News;5/9/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 490, p19
Reports on the safety measures implemented in the project site of CNOOC Shell Petrochemicals in Daya Bay, Huizhou, Guangdong province, China. Number of people who died since the construction work in the area started in 2003; Reasons for the accidents in the area; Details of the project.