Could something so small have caused such a big impact?
- Formosa PVC Explosion Kills Four Workers. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/5/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 15, p9
Reports on the explosion and fire at the polyvinyl chloride plant of Formosa Plastics at Illiopolis, Illinois. Casualties from the accident; Location of the fire; Damage caused by the fire.
- 'Inadequate' Planning Contributed to Formosa Accident in Illinois. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;3/14/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 9, p11
The article focuses on an investigation conducted by the Chemical Safety and Hazard Investigation Board (CSB) into the explosion at Formosa Plastics' plant in Illinois in April 2004. The board said that inadequate planning contributed to the severity of the accident. CSB faults both Formosa and...
- Fires now out at Formosa. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/17/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the cessation of the fire at Formosa Plastic Corp.'s olefins 2 unit on October 6, 2005 in Great Britain.
- Ethylene tightens on Formosa news. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;10/17/2005, Vol. 268 Issue 13, p25
Reports on the effect of the explosion of Formosa Plastics Corp.'s cracker on the ethylene market in the U.S. Increase in ethylene prices; Contract prices of producers in September 2005; Debate on ethylene supply and price among producers.
- After blast, Formosa removing feedstock. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;7/5/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p5
Livingston, New Jersey-based Formosa Plastics Corp. USA is removing PVC feedstocks from its damaged resin plant in Illiopolis, Illinois. Formosa is transporting 20-25 rail cars of vinyl chloride monomer and vinyl acetate monomer to make cleanup easier at the plant, which was damaged in an April...
- Plastics plant explosion kills four workers. // Industrial Safety & Hygiene News;Jun2004, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p14
Reports on a chemical explosion and subsequent fire that hit Formosa Plastics Corp. in central Illinois on April 23, 2004 resulting to the death of four workers and injuries to eight others. Death of employees from a combination of burns, smoke inhalation and blunt force trauma; Estimated...
- Explosion kills four at Formosa. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;5/3/2004, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p3
Four workers were killed and four others injured in an April 23 explosion at Formosa Plastics Corp. USA's PVC plant in Illiopolis, Illinois. Rob Thibault, Formosa spokesman, said early media reports that the blast was caused by a leak of PVC feedstock vinyl chloride monomer, and that 60-70...
- Accident investigation duty 'may reduce reporting.' // Works Management;Oct2001, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the proposals for employers duty to investigate accidents happened in the workplace in Great Britain. Introduction of legal requirement for employers to act defensively; Involvement of employee in improving health and safety.
- Understanding the 'why'. Erwin, Daniel // American Cranes & Transport;Dec2015, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p21
The article offers the author's insights on the importance of investigation of work-related incidents to prevent reoccurrences of the event.