North American PE market is still in the fight
- Polyethylene Market Unlikely to be Affected by Nova Shutdown. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;10/27/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 14, p20
Reports that the polyethylene market is unlikely to be affected by Nova Chemicals Corp.'s plans to shut down operations of a polyethylene line in Corunna, Ontario. View that high natural gas costs has crimped the industry's profitability and made it less competitive globally.
- Eastman and Nova Are Hammered By Steep Declines in Quarterly Earnings. // Chemical Market Reporter;02/08/99, Vol. 255 Issue 6, p5
Provides information on the 1998 earnings of Eastman Chemical Co. and Nova Chemicals Corp. Revenue loses; Growth of core plastics segment sales; Profitability expectations for 1999.
- Major Chemical Firms Post Weak 4Q, Challenges Ahead. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;01/29/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the financial performance chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2000. Profits posted by Dow Chemical Co.; Decline in the profits of Nova Chemicals Corp.
- Lyondell and Nova Beat Street in 1Q. // Chemical Market Reporter;4/26/2004, Vol. 265 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the sales performance of commodity chemical producers Lyondell Chemical Inc. and Nova Chemicals Inc. in New York City during the first quarter of 2003. Totality of net loss of Lyondell; Estimation of the earnings per share of Nova Chemicals; Impact of supply-demand balances and...
- Major Chemical Companies Record Blockbuster Quarter. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;05/01/2000, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the sales and net income of major chemical companies in the United States in the first quarter of 2000. Earnings per share of Dow Chemical Company; Total profits and earnings for the quarter of Nova Chemicals Corporation; Percent gain in earnings of Union Carbide Corporation.
- Nova to Expand PE; Eyes New Plant in Alberta. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;5/2/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 15, p13
The article reports on the expansion of the polyethylene capacity of Nova Chemicals in Joffre, Alberta. Nova says it has about 4.8 billion pounds per year of ethylene capacity of which 1.6 billion pounds per year are sold to third parties under tolling and margin-sharing contracts. The company...
- Dow calls FED rate cut "dangerous". // ICIS Chemical Business;10/1/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 12, p31
The article presents several news briefs related to the chemical industry. Dow Chemical Co. is worried about the U.S. housing crisis and high energy prices spilling over into consumer spending and threatening the economy. NOVA Chemicals Inc. could add a polyethylene plant in mid-2011 in Canada,...
- Nova Chemicals. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/16/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 20, p18
Provides information on the financial performance of the petrochemical company Nova Chemicals as of June 2004. Operating earnings posted by the company for the first-quarter of 2004; Forecast on the growth of the petrochemical business; Projected increase in Nova's earnings in 2004; Factors...
- Nova Plans PE Capacity Expansions. // Plastics Technology;Dec2013, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p9
The article reports that Nova Chemicals Corp. released details of its polyethylene capacity plans during the K 2013 show held in Dusseldorf, Germany in October 2013.