Braskem deal okay
- Braskem buys out Politeno for $111M. Johnson, Elizabeth // Chemical Market Reporter;4/10/2006, Vol. 269 Issue 14, p6
The article reports on Brazil-based petrochemical company Braskem SA's acquisition of polyethylene producer Politeno. Braskem will pay $111.3 million to acquire the stake ownerd by Suzano Petroquimica, Sumitomo and Itochu. The deal will consolidate Braskem's presence in the Camacari...
- Politeno hopes to expand PE. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;2/17/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2040, p38
Reports the plan of Brazilian polyethylene producer Politeno to increase its capacity in Bahia, Brazil in 2003.
- Braskem buys Politeno to leverage fiscal breaks. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;4/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p15
The article reports on the acquisition by Brazil's Braskem of polyethylene (PE) producer Politeno. Braskem will get a number of tax breaks as a result of the acquisition. Braskem plans to acquire the remaining shares of Politeno, which are held by minority shareholders. Braskem has plans to...
- Braskem Acquires Politeno; Petrobras Plans Investments. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;4/12/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 13, p10
The article reports on the acquisition of Politeno by Braskem from Suzano Petroquimica, Sumitomo Chemical, and Itochu. According to Suzano, the deal is a step toward streamlining the complicated ownership structure of the Brazilian chemical industry. According to local reports, Petrobras's...
- Politeno may import ethylene. Gordon, Michael // European Chemical News;12/6/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2127, p46
Reports on the plan of Politeno to import ethylene for its proposed expansion in Brazil as of 2004. Companies which control the operations of Politeno; Intention of the company for the expansion of its linear low and high density polyethylene (PE) plant; Forecast on the demand for PE in Brazil.
- Suzano plans to acquire Politeno. Sissell, Kara // Chemical Week;12/24/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 48, p6
Details on the acquisition of stocks in low-density polyethylene and vinyl acetate business of Politeno company by Suzano company. Ownership of Suzano; Other plans of Suzano.
- Petrochem Powerhouse. Kepp, Michael // Latin Trade (English);Dec2003, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p22
Focuses on the efforts by the Brazil government to create competitors for Braskem, Brazil's largest petrochemical group. Mergers pursued by the government; Role of state oil giant Petrobras in the drive for mergers by the Brazil government; Petrochemical companies which are candidates for...
- Industry Trends And Developments. // USA Petrochemicals Report;Q3 2010, p42
The article reports on the trends and developments in the petroleum chemicals industry in the U.S. Sunoco Chemicals' polypropylene (PP) business was acquired by Braskem of Brazil in April 2010. The reorganisation plan of LyondellBasel was filed with the U.S. District Court for the Southern...
- Ipiranga debate creates stir at BrasilPlast 2007. Martin, George; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;5/14/2007, Vol. 271 Issue 19, p7
The article reports on the controversy that has emerged in the petrochemical sector in Brazil about Braskem's takeover of Ipiranga. The objection to the takeover caused uproar at BrasilPlast 2007. According to local press, owner of Petroplastic Boris Gorentzvaig plans to file a complaint with...