Eastman sells Arkansas facility
- Eastman Agrees to Sell Arkansas Operations. // Finishing Today;Sep2006, Vol. 82 Issue 9, p7
The article reports that the Eastman Chemical Co. will sell its wholly owned chemicals and biofuels subsidiary in Arkansas, to Viceroy Acquisition Corp. The sale costs $75 million. In the fourth quarter of 2006, the sale of Eastman SE Inc. in Batesville, including its 408 employee manufacturing...
- MERGERS & ACQUISITIONS. // Paint & Coatings Industry;Sep2006, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p20
The article offers news briefs concerning the mergers and acquisitions in the paint and coatings industry. Imperial Chemical Industries PLC entered into an agreement to sell its oleochemicals surfactants business Uniqema to Croda International PLC. Eastman Chemical Co. will sell its subsidiary...
- Hercules Proceeds With Divestiture Plan. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;4/2/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 14, p3
Reports that Hercules Inc. is on target to close the sale of most of its resins business to Eastman Chemical Co. Statement from the company's chief executive officer Thomas L. Gossage; Plan of Hercules on its rosins resins operations in Brunswick, Georgia; Overview of the businesses of Hercules.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // European Chemical News;10/18/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2120, p20
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of October 18, 2004. Sale of the Ariel Research subsidiary by Eastman Chemical to 3E, a U.S.-based provider of business process outsourcing solutions for high speed ethernet information and compliance management; Decision of Basell to open a...
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;7/7/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 26, p25
Presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry in the United States as of July 1999. Appointment of James P. Rogers as senior vice president and chief financial officer of Eastman Chemical; Sale of the PPG Place of PPG Industries to Hillman Co.; Acquisition plans of Airgas company.
- Fine Chemical Contradictions. Hunter, David // Chemical Week;10/4/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 37, p3
Explores several acquisitions and sales of fine chemical businesses. Decision of Eastman Chemical and Honeywell to sell their fine chemical units; Cost of Clariant's acquisition of BTP; Acquisition of ChiRex by Rhodia; Factors contributing to the decline in confidence in fine chemical...
- GLOBAL ROUNDUP. Tong, Alfred // Asian Chemical News;11/3/2003, Vol. 10 Issue 422, p4
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of November 9, 2003. Net loss posted by Eastman Chemical; Sale of the Indian government's stake in ICI India; Plan of BASF to reduce its styrenics activities in Ludwigshafen, Germany.
- Eastman offloads colourants. // European Chemical News;12/8/2003, Vol. 79 Issue 2080, p8
Reports on the move of Eastman Chemical to sell its Accurate Dispersion colorants product lines and associated assets to paint manufacturer Sherwin-Williams. Reason for the move of Eastman Chemical; Sales revenue of the Eastman Chemical unit; Information on how Eastman Chemical acquired its...
- Hercules Finds Buyers for Resins. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;04/09/2001, Vol. 259 Issue 15, p3
Focuses on the definitive agreements signed by Hercules Inc. to sell most of its resins businesses to Eastman Chemical Company and GEO Specialty Chemicals Inc. Information on the resin businesses which were sold to Eastman; Benefits of the acquisition to Eastman; Details on the deal.