- First-Quarter Earnings Hint at Recovery. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;5/1/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 18, p9
Provides information on the financial condition of the chemical industry, in relation to the economic condition of the U.S. Comparison on the revenue generated by several chemical producers, including DuPont and Nova Chemicals; Discussion on the inventory control system of the industry;...
- Specialties Lead Earnings Gains. Sim, Peck Hwee; Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;7/31/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 30, p9
Reports the financial performance of different chemical companies for the second quarter of 2002. Divisions of DuPont that have contributed to its gains for the quarter; Earnings posted by Dow Chemical; Factors attributed to the losses reported by Nova Chemicals.
- Strong Q2 results for US firms. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p6
Focuses on the financial performance of the chemical industry in North America in the second quarter of 2005. Effects of high energy costs and flat sales volume on the net income of DuPont; Earnings posted by Rohm & Haas; Factors that contribute to the net losses of Nova.
- NEWSBRIEFS. // Chemical Week;5/2/2011, Vol. 173 Issue 12, p4
This section offers news briefs related the chemical industry. Chemtura posted a net profit of 7 million U.S. dollars in the first quarter of 2011. Albemarle is claiming that it has developed a technology capable of extracting lithium from brine. Stock repurchase programs have been launched by...
- Wrap-Up. // Chemical Week;6/9/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 22, p14
Presents news briefs from the chemical industry as of June 9, 1999. Information on the plans of Dupont Chemical to increase contract and off-list pricing for solid sodium cyanide; Reason for Albermarle to allow its bid for Albright & Wilson to lapse; Details on the suspension of production at...
- DuPont Posts 2nd Quarter Earnings Ahead of Wall Street Expectations. // Chemical Market Reporter;08/02/99, Vol. 256 Issue 5, p4
Provides information on the second-quarter earnings posted by E.I. Du Pont de Nemours & Co. in 1999. Percentage increase in earnings; Factors that influence the company's performance; Decline in agriculture and nutrition sales.
- E. I. duPont de Nemours & Company SWOT Analysis. // E. I. duPont de Nemours & Company SWOT Analysis;10/ 1/2014, p1
A SWOT analysis of E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company is presented.
- Geographical diversity is critical. Davis, Nigel // ICIS Chemical Business;4/28/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 17, p13
The article reports on the performance of several chemical companies in the U.S. during the early 2008. E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co. reported strong sales and earnings in its agricultural product business. Paints maker Sherwin Williams Co. reported a 30% drop in first-quarter profits. It is...
- Financial In Brief. // Chemical Market Reporter;11/12/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 17, p19
Presents updates related to the earnings of chemical companies as of November 12, 2001. Financial goals of DuPont; Third quarter sales of Ferro Corp. in 2001.