ASIA & MIDDLE EAST
- Titan's Nansha Oil Storage Terminal Phase I Opens. // China Chemical Reporter;11/11/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on the business developments of Titan Petrochemicals Group Ltd., a leading integrated oil service provider in Asia. The company started its operations at its oil storage terminal facility in Guangdong Sheng, China on October 25, 2006. The project has a total investment of 2...
- GATT win and NAFTA expansion bring warm trade winds for chemicals. Begley, Ronald // Chemical Week;12/14/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 23, p12
Reports on the improved business environment for chemical makers with the United States approval of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade pact and talks aimed at expanding the North American Free Trade Agreement to Chile and then creating a free trade zone spanning the Western Hemisphere.
- THE WORLD THIS WEEK. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;8/14/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 31, p5
The article offers world news briefs. A survey by the American Chemical Society shows that chemists who graduated between July 2004 and June 2005 and had full-time jobs by early October had higher salaries than those who graduated and found employment one year earlier. Shenhua Group Co. is in...
- Titan to Launch Trading Exchange in China. Ramesh, Deepti; D'Amico, Esther // Chemical Week;8/15/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 27, p35
The article reveals the plan of logistics firm Titan Petrochemicals Group to establish an exchange in Guangzhou, China to trade spot petrochemical contracts. Plans call for Titan to own a 70% stake in the exchange and Nansha Assets Management Corp., the remainder, Internet-based trading of...
- Countries Agree to Pan-American Pact. Franz, Neil // Chemical Week;5/2/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 18, p17
Focuses on the agreement made by the members of North and South American countries to lower tariffs and other trade barriers by the year 2005. Economic and trade agreements of the Free Trade Area of the Americas organization; Effect of the agreement on the United States chemical industry;...
- Seeing NAFTA through three lenses. Murphy Jr., Ewell E. // Canada-United States Law Journal;1997, Vol. 23, p73
Focuses on the implications of North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) on Mexico. Reasons for Mexico's involvement in the NAFTA; Opening of Mexico to foreign investment; Cultural compatibility of Mexico with other NAFTA nations; Private capital inflows in 1996.
- Central American trade talks N.O. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);6/2/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p11
Reports that the Office of the U.S. Trade Representative has chosen New Orleans, Louisiana, to host the sixth round of the Central American Free Trade Agreement (CAFTA) negotiations from July 28, 2003, to August 1, 2003. New Orleans' economic ties with Central America; Countries involved in CAFTA.
- Editor's Introduction. Slay, Ben // Russian & East European Finance & Trade;Sep/Oct96, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p3
Introduces a series of articles related to trade liberalization in the Baltic states. Free trade agreements of Estonia with Latvia and Lithuania, European Union and other bilateral agreements; Importance of trade with Russia and other Commonwealth of Independent States countries; Copy of Baltic...
- Regional trade arrangements in the western hemisphere. Lion, Christopher P. // Business America;Dec94, Vol. 115 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on the six principal regional trade agreements in the Western Hemisphere. Andean Pact; Caribbean Common Market (CARICOM); Central American Common Market (CACM); G-3; North American Free Trade Agreement; Southern Common Market (Mercosur); Agreement features; Economic aspects of the...