Close Brothers seeks counsel on Minova's fate
- Close Brothers limits losses to Â£2.6m. Ellul, Joanne // Fundweb;3/13/2012, p26
The article offers information on Close Brothers Group PLC, which limits its losses to 2.6 million pounds. It states that the company has been aggressive in its acquisitions buying Scott Moncrieff Wealth Management. It mentions that asset management division is in the final stages of it's...
- UBS Closing Muni Bond Unit. // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/9/2008, Vol. 74 Issue 23, p15
The article reports on the move of UBS AG to close its municipal securities services business due to market conditions and limited market capacity which affect its sales. It is stated that the closure is part of UBS' restructuring plan of its fixed income, currencies and business commodities and...
- Spinoffs Seek Whirlwind Of Value. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;03/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p59
Focuses on the move of corporations to spinoff operating units. Causes of such action; Big companies that have practiced the trend; Benefits from spinoffs.
- Sylvan Learning Systems spins off its Sylvan Prometric Division. // Electronic Education Report;10/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the decision of Baltimore, Maryland-based Sylvan Learning Systems Inc. to spin off its Sylvan Prometric testing division.
- Failing to respond to customer demands. // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Sep99, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p5
Reveals that most companies are restructuring their workforce according to function rather than customer needs, based on a survey of managers. Reason for workforce restructuring; What the growth in professional service organizations means; Ratio of companies that still use paper-based methods...
- Strategy and Organization. // Henley Manager Update;Summer99, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on corporate restructuring. Factors that prompted a company to restructure; When does restructuring improve a company's performance; Three types of restructuring; Information on the three different types of business.
- New life for ailing big firms by cutting them down to size. Hartman, Frank A.; Hill, Robert // Management Review;Jun83, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p17
Discusses the concept of growth through autonomy, a proposed solution that offer ailing U.S. business organizations a way to revitalize themselves, to foster innovation and to encourage entrepreneurship. Break-up of a large organization into the smallest viable units; Spinoff of such units in a...
- More Owners for Clearing House Company. Bills, Steve // American Banker;8/26/2005, Vol. 170 Issue 165, p5
Reports that three more banking companies have taken ownership stakes in The Clearing House Payments Company LLC. Reference to the company's major corporate restructuring in July 2004; Information on new owners City National Corporation of Beverly Hills, California, First-Citizens Bank and...
- CHASE THEM UP. // Accountancy;Sep97, Vol. 120 Issue 1249, p43
Reports on merchant bank Close Brothers' Crystal Account. Contact information.