THE WORLD THIS WEEK
- ABB Mulls Sale of Petchem Engineering Unit. // Chemical Market Reporter;9/16/2002, Vol. 262 Issue 9, p3
Reports the plan of ABB Ltd. to sell all or part of its petrochemicals engineering business to expedite the restructuring of the company. Corporate divestiture; Capital expenditures; Breakup of the Hoechst chemicals and pharmaceuticals group.
- Operations review results in cuts. Beacham, Will // European Chemical News;6/9/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2056, p7
Reports the downsizing of chemical company Syngenta in June 2003. Operations affected by the move; Cost review conducted by the company.
- Europe Watch. Gibson, Jane // ICIS Chemical Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p10
The article presents news briefs on the financial performance of European chemical companies for the third quarter (Q3) of 2006. Syngenta's Q3 sales climbed 1% to $1.41bn. The refining and marketing business of BP suffered a 25% decrease in year-on-year Q3 replacement cost-operating profits to...
- Syngenta Earnings Rise, Cautious on 2009. // Chemical Week;2/16/2009, Vol. 171 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Syngenta in 2008. The company posted 2008 net income rose 25%, to $1.38 billion, on strong demand for seeds and crop protection products. Earnings per share (EPS) went up 42%, to $16.26, excluding restructuring and impairment charges. Strong...
- Westlake Chemical rises to the top. DAVIS, NIGEL // ICIS Chemical Business;9/30/2013, Vol. 284 Issue 9, p24
The article focuses on U.S.-based company Westlake Chemical, winner of the 2013 ICIS Company of the Year award. Topics include Westlake's financial performance in 2012, the company's decision to invest in the expansion of its production capacity, and examples of some of the highest scoring...
- Long winter sees dip for Syngenta. Robinson, Simon // ICIS Chemical Business;4/24/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p11
The article reports on the financial performance of Syngenta for the first-quarter of 2006. The company posted a decline in first quarter sales blaming a long winter and production-related problems affecting its U.S. corn seed business. Syngenta's seeds business suffered an 8% decline to SF846m...
- Syngenta. Scott, Alex // Chemical Week;4/21/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 13, p23
Looks at the growth of Syngenta, a company formed via the merger of the agricultural chemical businesses of Novartis and AstraZeneca in 2000, as of April 21, 2004. Financial performance of the company; Main businesses of Syngenta; Actions taken by the company to expand its seeds business;...
- Results roundup. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;8/1/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2158, p7
Presents an update on the financial performance of the chemical industry in Europe as of August 2005. Increase in earnings posted by Shell from its chemicals business; Factors that contributed to the increase in pre-tax profits of Syngenta; Net losses of Octel.
- Syngenta Seeks to Leverage Chemistry And Biotech Beyond Crop Protection. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;3/3/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the plan of Syngenta AG to expand the use of chemicals and biotechnology into areas of the food chain. Products and initiatives in the seeds and biotechnology sectors; Center of a growing system for farmers; Establishment of a joint venture, named New Product Network.