Silverdome for Sale Again
- Stadium deal. // Jet;9/9/96, Vol. 90 Issue 17, p50
Reports that a new domed stadium will be built in downtown Detroit Michigan for the Detroit Lions football team. Team in Pontiac Michigan; The financing of the project.
- Lions probably need a dome deal by January. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;9/18/95, Vol. 11 Issue 38, p41
Discusses the problems associated with the renegotiations for the lease of Detroit Lions, a NFL team, for the Silverdome stadium in Detroit. Time limits imposed by the NFL League because of the collective bargaining agreement; Lions' threat to build another stadium; Opposition presented to the...
- Lions pick stadium architects. Defendis, Megan // Crain's Detroit Business;07/28/97, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p38
Reports that the architects Rossetti Associates Architects Incorporated, SHG Incorporated and Hamilton Anderson Associates Incorporated were selected to construct a stadium in Detroit, Michigan for the Detroit Lions football team. Cost of the stadium.
- Delaying a decision on the Dome is dumb. // Crain's Detroit Business;08/09/99, Vol. 15 Issue 32, p8
Focuses on the plan of the Detroit Lions football team to move to a new stadium in 2002.
- Stadium space puts Lions in league with office giants. Barkholz, David; Ankeny, Robert // Crain's Detroit Business;11/15/99, Vol. 15 Issue 46, p26
Discusses the commercial development planned for the Detroit Lions Stadium in Detroit, Michigan. Redevelopment of the south wall of the stadium for commercial and office facilities; Amount to be invested in the development.
- Lions assume risk but could gain more revenue. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;8/26/96, Vol. 12 Issue 35, p21
Reports that the Detroit Lions football team are planning to build a stadium in downtown Detroit, Michigan. Disadvantages of remaining at the Pontiac Silverdome; Risks and hurdles faced by Detroit Lions in building their own stadium; League average for stadium revenue per franchise.
- Lions break ground, push suite packages. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;11/22/99, Vol. 15 Issue 47, p37
Reports on the start of Detroit Lions football team's sale of corporate suites and club seats for its Ford Field domed stadium. Interest of companies including founding sponsors; Pricing for suites and club seating by 2000.
- Stadium seeks `partners'. Ankeny, Robert; Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the Detroit Lions football team's search for business partners for the proposed domed stadium in Detroit, Michigan. Estimated cost of the project; Tangible benefits which team officials are considering to offer potential corporate partners; Perceived compatibility of the project with...
- Dome to be most modern ballpark abandoned. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;9/09/96, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p34
Discusses plans by the Detroit Lions football team to leave the Silverdome by 2004 because of a lease dispute with the city of Pontiac, Michigan. Reputation of the Silverdome as one of the best ballparks in the United States; Failure of the Lions and stadium officials to agree on a plan to...