Pool of Arizona Schools Selling $96 Million of Notes
- The CHALLENGE of STAFFING Our Schools. Darling-Hammond, Linda // Educational Leadership;May2001, Vol. 58 Issue 8, p12
Focuses on how states and districts in the United States (U.S.) attract, train and retain high-quality teachers without ignoring shortage areas or student needs. Details on the problem of teacher shortage in the U.S.; How misdiagnoses of the causes of teacher shortages often lead to...
- Math and Science. Freeland, Sherry // Education Digest;May1983, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p55
The article reports that the U.S. House has approved a $425-million program to improve mathematics and science instruction in the nation's schools. The bill sailed quickly through the House, pushed by Republican Carl Perkins and supported by many who have opposed federal initiatives in the past....
- New York City Tops 2000 Per-Pupil Expenditures. // Educational Marketer;7/1/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the per-pupil expenditures in the New York City school district. Scope of market opportunities in each state; Expenditures for instructional materials and for non-salary instruction.
- Schools' budget hangs in balance. Miller, Valerie // Las Vegas Business Press;7/21/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 29, p1
Reports on the educational budget crisis at the Clark County School District in Clark County, Nevada. Impact of politics on the budget crisis; Result of the tax factions among politicians; Priorities of the state legislators.
- IT'S A FAIRNESS THING. // State Legislatures;Oct/Nov2002, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p11
Discusses the results of a report released by the Education Trust, which focuses on large funding gaps in several states between rich and poor school districts in the U.S. States with the large funding disparities.
- Education funding lawsuit reborn as 140 Texas school districts sue state. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/14/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30393, p1
Reports that 140 low-wealth school districts in Texas have filed a petition to reopen the 1984 lawsuit over education spending. Focus of the petition on the technical aspects of the state formula for allocating and redistributing school fund; Impact on attempts to expand a debt-service...
- Soaring Utility Bills Put Calif. Schools in Budgetary Bind. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p19
Reports the plan of school districts to cut the budget for student programs due to an increasing cost of utilities in California. Results of the survey by the California Association of School Business Officials (CASBO); Issues focused on the state of the state address of Governor Gray Davis;...
- Equalizing opportunity. Bradbury, Katharine // Regional Review;Summer93, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the efforts in New England to bridge the unequal education spending in its school districts. Example of the disparity in the region's wealth; Effect of the disparity in wealth on school spending; Features of Vermont's aid program.
- Federal grant may ease financial strain for BCISD. Young, Brenda // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/11/2011, Vol. 139 Issue 19, p1A
The article reports that Burnet Consolidated Independent School District (BCISD)is the recipient of the Educational Jobs Fund grant amounting to 571, 795 dollars to help the school's funding deficit for the school year 2011-2012.