In Demand's Zelaznik Makes Jump To UFC
- UFC Flexes in Crowded Fight Space. // Multichannel News;5/5/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 17, p14
An interview with Ultimate Wrestling Championship's (UFC) president Dana White is presented. When asked about his reaction to telecommunication firm Dish Network's decision not to renew its pay-per-view agreement with the UFC, he replies that at this point, they have negotiated deals with every...
- A King In the Ring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;6/15/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p16
The article profiles Dana White, Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) mixed martial-arts promotion president in the U.S. The Las Vegas, Nevada native helped build the UFC to become a tough competitor against boxing and wrestling in the ring sports. Meanwhile, the sport was banned in 2000, as it...
- Oshkosh Mayor Esslinger's UFC debut over before it begins. Bieber, Justin // Advance-Titan (Oshkosh, WI);4/1/2010, Vol. 115 Issue 56, pB3
The article reports that Oshkosh Mayor Paul Esslinger was barred by the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) to continue his mixed martial arts career after showing misbehavior by damaging the equipments in a local disk jockey.
- RUA KOS MACHIDA IN FIRST ROUND. // Black Belt;Aug2010, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p20
The article discusses highlights of the Ultimate Fighting Championship 113 event on May 8, 2010 which includes the first round knockout victory of Mauricio Rua over Lyoto Machida for the light-heavyweight championship, Josh Koscheck's win over Paul Daley, and the second round victory of Matt...
- The Beatdown. Semley, John // Walrus;May2011, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p18
An essay is presented on the golden age of the professional wrestling industry in Canada. It offers brief history of the professional wrestling scene in the country, which started with the Maple Leaf Wrestling in Toronto, Ontario in the early 1950's. The author also shares his opinion on the...
- Zuffa's Seeks $50M Incremental TL. Bisbey, Allison // High Yield Report;6/11/2012, p10
The article reports on the plans of Zuffa to increase its senior secured term loan by 50 million dollars to 475 million dollars, according to Moody's Investors Service.
- Take that! Stanley, T. L. // Brandweek;4/5/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 14, p49
The article examines the marketing of a mixed martial arts competition by Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Zuffa Seeks $510M in Loans. Sibayan, Karen // High Yield Report;2/11/2013, p45
The article reports on the senior secured credit facility being sought by sports promotion firm Zuffa that comprises a 60 million U.S. dollar five-year revolver and a 450 million U.S. dollar seven-year term loan B.
- UFC Punches Up 'Fight Pass'. // Multichannel News;8/31/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 30, p14
An interview with Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) general manager Eric Winter and chief operating officer Marshall Zelaznik is presented. Topics discussed include their description of the online content service Fight Pass by the sports organization, the media distribution platforms that...