Discovery Gains In Cash Flow, Revenue
- GAAP hinders profitability. MICHALOWICZ, MIKE // Accounting Today;Jul2014, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p8
The author explores his views on how the generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) formula enforced by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission hurts profitability. Topics discussed include the formula's inconsideration of the fact that it is managed by people, how businesses profited...
- Zaslav Gets His Reward. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;1/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the announcement of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) regarding the 34 million dollars received by the Discovery Communications LLC on January 15, 2010.
- Profitable Q2 for Discovery; U.S. ads up. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;8/5/2009, Vol. 410 Issue 47, p9
The article reports that Discovery Communications LLC has posted a profit of 183 million dollars for the second-quarter of 2009, including a 46 million dollars tax gain from the partial sale of Discovery Kids, compared with 43 million dollars during the year-ago period. It informs that...
- SEC Urges Muni Market to 'Disclose as Much as Possible'. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31232, p5
Reports the call of the United States Securities Exchange Commission to disclose bonds information. Impact of the terrorist attack to investors; Adequacy of various revenue sources and cash flows for bond payments; Usability of municipal bonds.
- STRONG Q3 DRIVES DISCOVERY. // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p32
The article discusses the financial performance of Discovery Holding Co., houses Liberty Media's 66.7% interest in Discovery Communications Inc. (DCI), for the third quarter of 2007. The company reports revenue growth of 5%, and a flat cash-flow growth. Most of the growth was fueled by DCI,...
- SWEET LIBERTY REVS. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;8/10/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 26, p5
Reports that Liberty Media Corp. has narrowed losses and hiked revenue in the U.S. Performance of the company at Discovery Communications Inc.; Percentage of increase in cash flow; Sales performance of QVC Inc.
- The new abnormal. SMITH, WARREN COLE // World (0888157X);11/16/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p69
The article discusses the decreased attention given to the earnings of the publicly traded companies reported at the U.S. Securities and Exchange (SEC) and mentions topics including indicators, Negative to Positive Ration, and Standard & Poor's (S&P) 500.
- Aon Restates Profit SEC Queried . // American Banker;8/16/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 157, p5
Reports that Aon Corp., the world's second-largest insurance broker, has settled accounting issues raised by the Securities and Exchange Commission and would include a reinsurance charge, related to the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, in its fourth-quarter 2001 earnings. Plans to sell its...
- SEC Tells ECNs to Make ADF Decision. Clary, Isabelle // Securities Industry News;9/2/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p1
Reports the regulatory battle between Nasdaq and Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on roll out of high-performance platform to reduce market fragmentation in the U.S. Aims to generate healthy revenue for profit stock exchange; Establishment of SuperMontage start date; Details on the...