Comedy Scores on Sunday
- Makeovers, surgery dominate. Martin, Denise // Daily Variety;1/7/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 6, pA5
Focuses on the basic cable television industry in the U.S. Cable television programs that performed well in terms of ratings; Comedies, dramas, reality-based shows and other programs carried by ESPN, USA, FX and other non-pay cable channels; Programming plans of cable television networks.
- African American Viewers On the Move. Consoli, John; Bachman, Katy // Brandweek;12/13/2004, Vol. 45 Issue 45, p6
Reports on a decrease in the percentage of African American women viewers of ethnic sitcoms at UPN cable television channel in the U.S. in 2004. Effect of the disappearance of African American viewers on the ratings of UPN; Possible reason for the decrease; Percentage of decrease in the...
- Fremantle Pitching Web 'Wedgie' to TV. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/17/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p1
The article focuses on the confidence of "American Idol" producer FremantleMedia North America that it will be the next player to cash in on the Web-to-television (TV) trend. The production company started pitching a new pilot to broadcast and cable networks based on its Web property "Atomic...
- 'Bush!' bow parks on top. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;04/06/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 28, p22
Reports on thee decline in the television ratings of Comedy Central's comedy television series 'That's My Bush!.'
- Ratings. // CableFAX Daily;9/30/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 190, p3
The article reports on the rating of cable television program "Comedy Awards" from BET on September 27, 2005. Present rating is compared to its 2004 rating.
- The Hustle. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;4/15/2014 Supplement, p4
The article examines the television advertising upfront advanced sales period for 2014 and television broadcasting finance. Flat sales of advertising by broadcast television networks from 2004-2013 are considered, and attributed to factors including increased competition from cable television,...
- DANDY DEBUTS. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/24/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 26, p16
Focuses on the rating of the television shows of Court TV in the U.S. Investigation of crimes; Percentage of the rating for the premiere series; Improvement of the cable show.
- Cable Ratings Sagged in August, But Lifetime Soared. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;9/3/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 32, p5
Reports the business status of the cable networks as of August 2001 in the U.S. Effect of the negative ratings on the station's programming; Increase on the rating of the prime time programs; Impact of prime time programs on households.
- Cable gains viewers. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;09/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p8
Reports increase in the viewership and ratings of cable televisions in the United States. Percentage increase in viewership and ratings of the TV program 'Survivor' of CBS; Performance of TBS Superstation in terms of prime time rating; TV rating of 'Sunday Night NFL' of ESPN; Viewership on the...