ROOM AT THE TOP
- McHale charts new discovery. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;8/2/2006, Vol. 292 Issue 21, p1
The article reports on the resignation of Judith McHale from her position as president and CEO of Discovery Communications Inc. on December 1, 2006 to work as a private citizen on social and political issues in the U.S. The successor of McHale might be either Dawn McCall, president of Discovery...
- Discovery ranks shaken. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;2/6/2007, Vol. 294 Issue 28, p1
The article offers information on the reorganization of Discovery Communications Inc. (DCI), a global media and entertainment company by the recently appointed chief executive officer, David M. Zaslav. Aiming to create an aggressive and lean organization, Zaslav will make major changes including...
- Who Will Own Discovery And Who Will Run It? Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/7/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 31, p3
The article reports the changes that might happen at Discovery Communications Inc. (DCI) due to the resignation of CEO Judith McHale. The departure of McHale could leave the company as a publicly traded company. There are three inside candidates who were likely to replace McHale, but the most...
- Shark Week. // CableFAX Daily;9/23/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 185, p1
The article reports on the corporate restructuring initiated by Discovery Networks executives Judith McHale and Billy Campbell in September 2005. Campbell and McHale have consolidated its production teams and launched a centralized production department. The tasks and responsibilities of general...
- Brain gain. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;5/3/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 18, pSR20
Features Billy Campbell, president of Discovery Network broadcast company. Career background; Changes in the company upon the appointment of Campbell; Efforts to increase the viewership ratings of its television programs.
- Top Chair at Discovery Filled by Miramax Exec. Lee, Will // Cable World (10427228);5/20/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p12
Reports on the appointment of Billy Campbell as president of Discovery Networks U.S. as of May 20, 2002. Details on his responsibilities in the company; Information on his career; Reasons for hiring Campbell according to Judith McHale, president and chief operating officer of Discovery...
- A Shorter List. // Broadcasting & Cable;10/2/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 39, p7
The article discusses Discovery Channel's hunt for a chief executive officer (CEO). The company is considering a variety of media executives including Discover Networks U.S. president Billy Campbell, former Nickelodeon Networks Chairman Herb Scannel, and former Court TV president Henry Schleiff....
- Discovery prexy networks 'Faces of 9/11' marathon. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;7/23/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 35, p13
Reports on the broadcast of 'Faces of 9/11' series of original television documentaries across cable networks owned by Discovery Communications in the U.S. Role of Discovery president Billy Campbell in engineering the program; Schedule of broadcast; Documentaries included in the series.
- Discovery to Keep Both Health Nets. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/30/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 39, p2
Reports the business plans of Billy Campbell, president of Discovery Networks for the cable television station. Details on the personal-health issues programming of the network; Information provided by the channel; Views of Campbell on the health genre.