Time Warner, Dodgers Strike Free VOD Deal
- Pitching L.A. 'BÃ©ishol' Fans. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 35, p6
The article reports on the addition of a Spanish language version of the Time Warner Cable Inc. Dodgers on Demand free video-on-demand (VOD) content in Southern California. The cable operator has been offering player profiles, interviews with coaches and archival footage at the original site....
- Dodgers' New TV Deal Could Involve Fox. BELLONI, MATTHEW // Hollywood Reporter;2/8/2013, Issue 5, p24
The article offers information on the 20-year deal inked by Time Warner Cable (TWC) and baseball team Los Angeles Dodgers for the launch of two sports dedicated channels in the U.S.
- Fox Sports battles Time Warner. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;06/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p4
Reports on Fox Sports Net's dispute with Time Warner Cable Inc. over Fox's plan to raise surcharges in Los Angeles, California, for Los Angeles Dodgers games aired on television.
- KDOC-TV Gets Star Turn Out of Cable Spat. DIMARTINO, MEDIHA // Orange County Business Journal;9/29/2014, Vol. 37 Issue 39, p1
The article reports on the growth of viewership of Santa Ana, California-based television station, K, in its deal with cable provider Time Warner Cable Inc. to air the Los Angeles Dodgers' regular-season games against San Francisco Giant and Colorado Rockies baseball teams.
- Dodgers TV Rights: Will TWC Outfox News Corp.? A. B. B. // Hollywood Reporter;4/13/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 13, p9
The article reports on the rivalry between New Corp.'s Fox Sports and Time Warner Cable Inc. in a bid for the sports television rights of the baseball team Los Angeles Dodgers.
- Big swing for TW Cable. // Daily Variety;1/23/2013, Vol. 318 Issue 12, p3
The article reports on the partnership between the Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team and Time Warner Cable Inc. in launching a regional cable network. The author mentions that both parties believe that the network will benefit from the increasing revenues in sports television. However, he adds...
- Why Cox Is Balking in Dodgertown. // Multichannel News;4/6/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 13, p22
An interview with Andy Albert, senior vice-president of Cox Communications, is presented. When asked about Cox Communications' plans to broadcast the Major League Baseball's regular season, Albert states that high costs asked by Los Angeles Dodgers baseball team could only be met by Time Warner...
- Dodgers' Deal A Moneyball Move. REYNOLDS, MIKE // Multichannel News;2/4/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p4
The article offers information on the deal between Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) and the baseball team Los Angeles Dodgers for gaining long-term certainty on the costs of major sports. According to chief executive officer (CEO) of TWC Glenn Britt, the regional sports network deal with the Los...
- Changes in the VOD winds. // CED;Mar2004, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p8
Reports that Adelphia Communications Corp. and Time Warner Cable Inc. are making video on demand (VOD) vendor changes in select cities in California. Integration problems with existing suppliers; Benefits and advantages for VOD vendor nCUBE Corp.