TNT Has a Vision for Long-Form Broadband
- 'PJs' IN LINE FOR BIG SLEEP. Adalian, Josef; Schneider, Michael // Daily Variety;01/08/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 25, p28
Reports that Imagine Television's animated comedy program 'The PJs,' which features the voice of actor Eddie Murphy, may be taken off the air as a result of production partner Warner Bros. Television to stop producing the series. Imagine's efforts to find ways to save the series; Challenges...
- WB eyes Imagine's 'PJs' toon. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;03/03/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 66, p1
Reports on negotiations between Imagine Television and the WB Network regarding the removal of the animated show `The PJs' from Fox Broadcasting (FBC). FBC as letting its option for the show expire; Imagine's right to talk to other outlets about ordering additional segments; Changes to the show...
- Opener helps reup 'Closer' Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;6/30/2006, Vol. 291 Issue 64, p5
The article reports that Turner Network Television has renewed for a third season of 15 episodes of its television series "The Closer," which is starred by Kyra Sedgwick. The new season will be having the biggest audience delivery for the broadcast of an original scripted series. It will be...
- SPONSORS PAYING TO PLAY. Bernstein, Paula; Schneider, Michael // Variety;09/18/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 5, p21
Focuses on the partnerships signed by television networks in the United States with advertisers. Deal signed by ABC with Johnson & Johnson; Television program offered by Warner Brothers that is being sponsored by Coca-Cola; Benefits of advertisers from the deals.
- WB readies regional spots. Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;2/11/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 6, p28
Features the technology developed by WB Network allowing television stations to send regionalized commercials to affiliates in the U.S. Explanation of special projects director Dan Highland on the sending process; Company incorporated network operations center on sending commercials; Advantage...
- UPN cranks up laffer mix. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;5/14/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the comedy shows from Warner Brothers Television scheduled for the fall broadcast of UPN television station. Disclosure of the fall schedule to the advertisers; Success of the Monday night comedy block of the network; Drama programs ordered by the station.
- WB stirs flap over CPMs. Chunovic, Louis // Electronic Media;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the Warner Brothers' (WB) deal with advertisers to run the same national commercials in the television program, `Charmed' on the station. Same advertising costs for the show on both the WB and TNT; Aim of the WB to meet the rating guarantees it has promised the program by counting...
- Advertisers chip in $1m for scripts. Schneider, Michael; Stark, Steven J. // Electronic Media;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p4
Reports that several advertisers plan to donate money to help television network WB purchase family-friendly television programs. Details of the pilot script fund.
- KMART ADS TO FEATURE WB STARS. Friedman, Wayne // Television Week;5/24/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 21, p36
Reports on the television advertising of Kmart featuring actors and actresses of the television programs of Warner Bros. Television. Exposure of Warner Bros. programs through Kmart advertising. Target audience of the advertising.