2Q Review: Satellite Cools, Cablevision Probes Options
- Cord-Cutting Surprises Analysts. Reitz, Ken // Monitoring Times;Oct2012, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p6
The article discusses statistics showing that over 400,00 cable-television customers dropped the service in the first six months of 2012 and more than 50,000 customers have been lost by the satellite programming provider DirecTV.
- Capturing Asia's adventure lovers. Madden, Normandy; Osborne, Magz // Ad Age Global;Jul2001, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p15
Reports that Discovery Channel and National Geographic are competing for the adventure inclined cable television viewers in Asia. Information on their cable television programs; Investments of the competitors; Information on the market.
- CABLE RISKS ORIGINAL TRAFFIC JAM. Dempsey, John // Variety;09/04/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 3, p15
Focuses on the risks facing cable television networks in the United States when getting viewers watch a new weekly series. Efforts of some networks on the matter; Statements from networks executives.
- N.Y. Cablevision subs: Don't change our dial! Grossman, Andrew // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;12/10/2002, Vol. 376 Issue 23, p14
Focuses on difficulties faced by cable television viewers in New York City due to overhauling of channel lineup by the city-based cable operator Cablevision. Reasons why Cablevision has to make the move; Changes that can be made by cable operators once they get permission for digital...
- India cable access up. Pearson, Bryan // Daily Variety;6/21/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 15, p8
Reports on the increase in the access of television homes to cable and television satellite in India.
- Summer Sundays sizzle at Lifetime. Higgins, John M. // Broadcasting & Cable;9/3/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the household ratings of cable television networks in the U.S. Viewership of Lifetime Television; Decrease in the ratings of Cartoon Network; Household rating of TNT.
- Fox News shows ratings gain. Offman, Craig // Daily Variety;1/2/2003, Vol. 277 Issue 61, p2
Reports on the ratings of cable television news stations. Average total-day viewers of Fox News; Percentage of viewers of Cable News Network.
- Broadcast, Cable Trade Nielsen Spaces. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;12/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 49, p5A
Discusses the viewership of programs telecast by basic-cable networks in the U.S. as of 2002. Factors contributing to the increase in viewership of these programs in the country; Programs that rated high on viewership; Business plans of the cable industry as of December 2002.
- Cable networks define their audiences. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;04/14/97, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p32
Lists cable networks' views on the demographic portrait of their prototypical viewer. Black Entertainment Television; The Cartoon Network; Country Music Television; The Family Channel; E! Entertainment Television.