CNN VIEWERS MAKE NEWS: CNN Viewers Headline 'I-Reports'
- CNN Viewers Headline 'I-Reports' Brown, Karen // Multichannel News;8/14/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p34
The article reports on the launch of the www.CNN.com/exchange Web site by CNN on August 1, 2006 to gather breaking news stories around the world. The site encourages users to submit Internet reports, video and pictures of the latest news. Computer manufacturer Dell Inc. signed up as the charter...
- Inviting the Rise of the Entrepreneurial Journalist. DVORKIN, LEWIS // Nieman Reports;Fall2009, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p22
The article provides information on True/Slant, an original content news network.
- Tektronix. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p94
Focuses on Tektronix's launching of Version 1.8 of the EditStar journalist workstation system. Description of the system; Comparison to previous versions; Comment by Gail Jordan, NewStar director of news business; Other products to be launched by the company.
- Have it your way. Feola, Christopher J. // Quill;May99, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p40
Focuses on the use of the New Markup Language to ease layout and navigation of stories online. Problems with computer layouts and navigation; Information Trellix, a document processing program; Information on how to create custom interfaces for people without their cooperation; Functions of the...
- Inmarsat gains kudos for CNN BGAN system. // TVB Europe;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p46
The article reports that Cable News Network (CNN) has won the top prize at the IBC Innovation Awards for its innovative digital newsgathering system, which is powered by Broadband Global Area Network (BGAN) from Inmarsat. The CNN-led team won both the IBC Innovation Award for Content Creation...
- THE PLAY'S NOT THE THING. Powers, William // National Journal;11/23/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 47/48, p3501
Comments on the news articles that were featured on the Web site of Google in November 2002. News events prioritized to be featured in the Web site; Process involved in the selection of news articles to be featured in the Web site; Criticisms against the Web site, basing on the selection of...
- NewsMaker Systems. G.D. // Broadcasting & Cable;09/15/97, Vol. 127 Issue 38, p98
Features the NewsMaker98 newsroom system from NewsMaker Systems. Description of the system; Applications; Comment by Tom Weems, vice president of sales for the company; Other products to be launched by the company.
- Do not desensitize: Developing a policy for accompanying electronic materials. Seaman, Scott; Carter, Nancy // Information Technology & Libraries;Jun97, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p86
Discusses the development of a policy at the University of Colorado regarding information accompanying electronic media. Role of microcomputer technology in the academic industry; Focus of literature documented on electronic media; Factors associated with creating a policy for electronic media.
- Values and value-added for the new electronic journalism. Dennis, Everette E. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/1/95, Vol. 61 Issue 22, p677
Presents a speech by the executive director of the Freedom Forum Media Studies Center in New York City, delivered to the Symposium on Newspapers and the Public Debate in an Electronic Age at the Hague, Netherlands on March 15, 1995, dealing with the issue of value-added elements of the...