Is It Time to 'Perk' Up?
- Employers forced to take employees' word on earning wellness incentives. Lee, Karen // Employee Benefit News;9/1/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p44
Deals with the earning wellness incentives offered by U.S. employers to their employees, in September 2004. Reason behind the decisions of employers to give such incentives; Reliance of employers on the statements of their employees; Use of honor system in determining incentive eligibility of...
- Internal promotions thrive. // Supervision;Oct96, Vol. 57 Issue 10, p13
Advises companies to implement incentive programs for employees. Using incentives to combat absenteeism; Improving communication; Motivating the sales department; Safety, health and wellness programs; Contact information.
- When reality bites. Buchanan, Julia // Promotions & Incentives;May2008, p43
The article reports on the adverse effects of the economic declension towards the companies in Great Britain. According to the author, due to the credit crisis that aroused in the country, several companies are gradually omitting their travel incentives that are supposed to be intended for their...
- How to reward and inspire your team. Bragg, Terry // IIE Solutions;Aug2000, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p38
Reports that appreciation works better in motivating employees in improving their performance. Importance of monetary rewards; Six principles for effective rewards; Some of creative incentive ideas; Caution against the so-called jelly bean motivation.
- Equitable Rewards: Designing A Salary and Compensation Package. Krantz, Boris // Gases & Welding Distributor;Sep2003, Vol. 47 Issue 5, p53
Presents an approach to a workable incentive system that helps in maintaining a happy and satisfied sales and management staff. Prime components that should be included in the salary; Example of salary levels that a distributor might establish for a specific position; Suggestions on how to...
- Skills incentives announced. Johnson, Alan // Manufacturers' Monthly;Feb2007, p12
The article announces the plan of Vocational and Technical Education to invest $54 million under the Incentives for Higher Technical Skills initiative to attract high-level engineering skills in Australia. The plan will target over 25,000 people over five years to benefit advanced engineering...
- 10 low-cost appreciation strategies that work. // HR Weekly;6/30/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 26, p8
The article presents readers' suggestions regarding low-cost strategies that employers and managers can use to show gratitude to employees, including door prizes for staff meetings, safety-record lunches, and small rewards for employees who have worked long hours to finish a project.
- The prize is right. Kelley, Bill // Entrepreneur;Apr99, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p100
Presents a guideline on how to launch an employee incentive program for entrepreneurs in the United States. Setting of goal; Assessment of current business condition to fit goal of program; Budget; Selection of either money, travel or merchandise as prizes; Short-term duration of incentive program.
- Reward employees to increase productivity and profits. Webb, Jack H. // Business Journal (Central New York);04/12/99, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p19
Examines ways to reward employees to boost their productivity and company profits. Importance of employees to business success; Ways to maintain employee enthusiasm and motivation; Examples of employee rewards.