Making Room for Room Service
- Hospital room service a critical condition of good care. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;5/31/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p20
Discusses the dining program of Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital in New Brunswick, New Jersey. Room service offered by the hospital to all patients; Patients' selection of restaurant-style menu; Call center established at the hospital to take orders from patients; Increase in patient...
- Hospital does double-take. // FoodService Director;1/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p6
Reports on the increase in sales of the cafeteria at Silverton Hospital in Oregon since its implementation of room service programs. Percentage of patients who rated Silverton's foodservice as excellent according to the internal mail-back survey conducted by the hospital; Components of the...
- Warming Up to Warmers. // FoodService Director;12/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p38
The article looks at the benefits being obtained by school and hospital food service operators from using food warming units. The food warmers help food service departments prepare fresh meals for their employees. The process also creates less heat in the kitchen and uses less energy. In many...
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- More hospitals consider spoken menu options. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Reports on hospitals' consideration for spoken menu options in the United States. Efforts of hospitals to increase customer satisfaction; Use of traditional and non-select menu selection process.
- Hospitals fight costs. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
This article reports on the rise of food costs per-patient-day from 2004 to 2005 in hospitals, according to the Industry Census Report of the FoodService Director. With no significant increase in revenue to help offset the cost increases, food service officials find themselves in a tailspin...
- Room service goes high-tech. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the technology used for the room service at Banner Estrella Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, allowing patients to see the menu on their in-room TV and provide instant feedback about their meals to the dietary department. Aspects of food service which the patients are...
- Hospital Power Players: UAB Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p3
The article focuses on the room service style model of UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama for patient dining and the redesign of its North Pavilion food court.