A Pioneer Revisited
- Spirited Pioneer. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p58
The article features Kris Schroeder, director of Nutrition Services at Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. In 1997, Schroeder's department pioneered the idea of a comprehensive room service-style patient meal program, an innovation that remains the model for healthcare facilities...
- KIDS' HOSP. ADDS TO A LA MINUTE MENU. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the drop in food costs at Childrens' Hospital of Los Angeles in California since the implementation of room service. Percentage of decline in food costs; Advantages of room service system; Effect of the room service program on labor costs.
- SERVICE UP, WASTE AND COSTS DOWN: Hosp. redirects expenses with room svc. // FoodService Director;8/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p5
Reports that Highline Community Hospital in Burien, Washington has redirected foodservice operational expenses by replacing traditional meal trays with room service. Functions of room service staff; Schedule of the room service.
- Room service goes high-tech. // FoodService Director;1/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p6
The article focuses on the technology used for the room service at Banner Estrella Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona, allowing patients to see the menu on their in-room TV and provide instant feedback about their meals to the dietary department. Aspects of food service which the patients are...
- Hospital Power Players: UAB Hospital. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;10/26/2015, p3
The article focuses on the room service style model of UAB Hospital in Birmingham, Alabama for patient dining and the redesign of its North Pavilion food court.
- The Room Service Menu. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p30
This article presents way to achieve menu success with a room service program in a hospital. Room service allows hospitals to broaden the menu choices available to patients. The key component is customization, it is important to personalize the menu to the patient before they ever see it....
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- Serving Smiles. Richter-Zeunik, Mary // FoodService Director;10/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p28
Discusses the implementation of a room service model at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center in Bloomington, Illinois. Features of the foodservice model; Details of the implementation program; Benefits of the room service for both patients and hospital employees.
- ROOM SERVICE STILL MINORITY. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p6
The article reports on a survey on the percentage of hospitals that offer room service in the U.S. in 2006. According to the FSD Hospital Census, despite the success of room service in hospitals that have implemented it, only 29 percent of hospitals offered the concept. Among hospitals that do,...