The Room Service Menu
- Room Service Refined. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Aug2010, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p52
The article offers information on the increasing trend of room service among hospitals in the U.S. as it is said to provide patient satisfaction and improved food quality service. It mentions that the new service being implemented among hospitals has also helped staff give each patient a better...
- Get Out the China. Dalton, Aaron // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Mar2005, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the establishment of a gourmet room service by the Medical City hospital in Dallas, Texas. Reason behind the establishment of the service; Financial benefits of the service to the hospital; Increase in the satisfaction of patients with the room service.
- ROOM SERVICE TO THE RESCUE: Wash. hosp. holds line on
costs, staff. // FoodService Director;2/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p10
Reports on the satisfaction of customers over the room service offered by the foodservice operators of the Mary Lane Hospital in Ware, Maryland. Comment from foodservice operations manager Diana Hitchcock; Availability of the room service; Average meal cost.
- The Road to Room Service. King, Paul // FoodService Director;8/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p24
This article discusses the concept of implementing room service programs in hospitals. There are many benefits to such a program, the most potent of which is a marked increase in patient satisfaction scores at hospitals that have switched. According to Mary Spicer, director of nutrition services...
- Here for the long haul. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;7/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p36
Focuses on the room service program of the Swedish Medical Center in Seattle, Washington. Person credited for the creation of the program; Percentage increase in patient satisfaction with the food and nutrition services department brought by the program; Overview of the program.
- You've Tossed Your Traylineâ€¦ Now What? Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Dec2008, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p32
The article discusses the trends in room service dining for patients in hospital foodservice in the U.S. It examines how room service is deployed in different hospitals wherein some provide it almost universally, while others limit it to select units. It relates the cost of converting a hospital...
- Patient Satisfaction Soars at Sault Area Hospital. // FoodService Director;7/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p7
The article reports on the increase in patient satisfaction being received by the dining services department at Sault Area Hospital in Ontario. The dining service department led by manager of dietetics and food services Donna Larkin received a patient satisfaction score of 52 percent in February...
- Dose of hospitality. Sisson, Mary // Crain's New York Business;4/14/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p3
Hospitals in New York are focusing on the improvement of customer service. The director of training for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel chain addressed 40 executives on the finer points of high-end customer service. Staff, said the Ritz-Carlton's Rob George, should know customers' names. The executives...
- WellStar outgrows menu. // FoodService Director;2/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p1
The article focuses on the decision of WellStar Cobb Hospital to implement room service and spearhead the movement away from a non-select menu for the hospitals of WellStar Health System in the U.S. as of February 2006. Patient satisfaction is up and waste and food costs are down since the...