HFM Broadens Visibility
- HFM Names New Management Company. // Food Management;Jul2005, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p16
Reports that the National Society for Healthcare Food Service Management has named a new management company for the association, the Kellen Company in the U.S. Purpose of selecting Kellen to incorporate management schemes and marketing strategies; Plan to relocate the company from Washington to...
- Dumbwaiter, Smart System. Riell, Howard // FoodService Director;5/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p86
The article focuses on the use of the dumbwaiter system to move room service orders to patients' rooms at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City. According to food services director Sharon Cox, the system is an advantage to them because they can get a meal up from the kitchen in...
- The Room Service SOLUTION. Cox, Sharon // Food Management;Dec2003, Vol. 38 Issue 13, p24
The article reports that Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in the New York City, transferred all of it's patient feeding facilities to an on-demand room service model and achieved dramatic improvements in the department's patient satisfaction scores. The program has given each patient...
- Seeking to reduce special diet numbers. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p12s
Reports on the reduction of special hospital patient menus by reducing fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol contents in basic recipes in the United States. Nutritional information printed together with hospital menus; Descriptions of recipe; Modification of recipes to satisfy costumers and...
- PRESSURE COOKER of an issue: control of food service. Andrews, John // Materials Management in Health Care;Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p27
Examines the increasing involvement of materials managers in the food service operations of hospitals in the United States. Arguments against the assumption of food service control by materials managers; Functions of food service managers; Questions to consider before considering reassignments;...
- The Future of Hospital Foodservice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Comments on issues concerning the hospital foodservice in the United States. Characteristic of healthcare foodservice profession; Challenges faced by the industry; Insights on foodservice management of Carol Sherman at Mount Sinai/NYU Health System.
- Healthcare FSDs Play a Key Role in Their Institution's Public Relations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the impact of hospital food service departments on the food service management industry. Public relations issue resulting from the creation of larger hospital networks; Perception of hospitals as big businesses dominated by profit pressures; Need for dieticians to effectively...
- Adding Revenue Streams. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the initiative of the foodservice department at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine in turning to take-home meals for an additional revenue stream.
- Competing for dollars': Abbott Northwestern Hosp. measures profit-contribution. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p88
Focuses on the food service operation in the Abbott Northwestern Hospital cafeteria. Hospital's cafeteria's goal for 1997; Emphasis on retail marketing matrix system to become more competitive; Analysis on product preferences of the consumer.