Sowing Seeds to Inspire
- Dr. Comic. Lyons, D.C. // Ebony;Apr1992, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p70
Profiles Bertice Berry of Chicago, Ill., who left an academic career at Kent State University (Ohio) to become a stand-up comic. Her Ph.D. degree from Kent State; How she became a comic; Her background; Criticism from academic peers; Racism and sexism as fodder for comedy.
- A seriously funny vegetarian. Warren, Roz // Vegetarian Times;Feb95, Issue 210, p120
Profiles vegetarian stand-up comedienne Bertice Berry. Professional history; Why she became vegetarian; Health benefits gained; Attitude towards other people's dietary practices.
- Health-care foodservice continues to feel the high cost of labor pains. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;06/28/99, Vol. 33 Issue 26, p18
Reports on the gathering of food service directors at the 32nd annual meeting of the American Society of Healthcare Foodservice Administrators in Phoenix, Arizona. Concern over the increasing costs of labor; Views of participants that included nutrition directors M. Lynne Eddy and Jim English.
- Seminar in Dec.: Industry groups back produce tour. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p8
Reports why food industry organizations have jointly organized a produce seminar and touring program to be held in Miami, Florida. Features of the 11th Annual United Food Service Produce Seminar; Comments from United Fresh Fruit & Vegetable president Tom Stenzel.
- Word star. D.G. // Essence (Essence);May96, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p58
Features talk show host and comic Bertice Berry, author of the book `Bertice: The World According to Me.' Berry's career history; Educational background.
- Fighting graffiti. // New York Amsterdam News;11/16/96, Vol. 87 Issue 46, p8
Presents a caption story featuring the participation of Bertice Berry, host of USA Network's talk show `USA Live,' in a clean-up project to remove graffiti in New York City.
- Ideas that help you build a better menu. DeLuca, Michael // Restaurant Hospitality;Dec96, Vol. 80 Issue 12, p18
Editorial. Cites some ideas that emerged from speeches and panel presentations at the 1996 From Mind to Menu Symposium, wherein foodservice operators discussed the state of the American restaurant menu. Winners of the 1996 Menu Visionary Awards; Ideas to help build a better menu.
- Industry's top tech wizards to gather in Atlanta at FS/TEC '98. // Nation's Restaurant News;08/31/98, Vol. 32 Issue 35, p8
Presents information on the planned International Food Service Technology Exposition on November 15-18, 1998 in Atlanta, Georgia. Offer of 36 seminars on operational, technical and case study tracks; Names of some speakers; Titles of some seminars; Names of some companies participating in the...
- fmagenda. // Food Management;Jun2004, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p22
Lists congresses in the U.S. food service sector slated for June-August 2004.