FSD's HFM HEADLINER: Carolyn Hackworth, Jonesboro, AR
- the 2013 Goldies AWARDS. King, Paul; Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;5/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p20
The article offers information on the third annual Goldies Awards, a collaboration between the magazine FoodService Director (FSD) and culinary college The Culinary Institute of America that provides appreciation to the best practices in non-commercial food service.
- HOSPITALS PAYING MORE PER-DAY. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p1
This article reports on the results of the 2006 FoodService Director research regarding the cost of food spent in hospitals in the U.S. According to the research, hospitals spent 5.7% more on food per-patient-day last year compared to 2004.
- The Future of Hospital Foodservice. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p8
Comments on issues concerning the hospital foodservice in the United States. Characteristic of healthcare foodservice profession; Challenges faced by the industry; Insights on foodservice management of Carol Sherman at Mount Sinai/NYU Health System.
- Healthcare FSDs Play a Key Role in Their Institution's Public Relations. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jul2001, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the impact of hospital food service departments on the food service management industry. Public relations issue resulting from the creation of larger hospital networks; Perception of hospitals as big businesses dominated by profit pressures; Need for dieticians to effectively...
- Adding Revenue Streams. // FoodService Director;7/15/2013, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p16
The article focuses on the initiative of the foodservice department at St. Mary's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston, Maine in turning to take-home meals for an additional revenue stream.
- Competing for dollars': Abbott Northwestern Hosp. measures profit-contribution. Bond, Marian // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p88
Focuses on the food service operation in the Abbott Northwestern Hospital cafeteria. Hospital's cafeteria's goal for 1997; Emphasis on retail marketing matrix system to become more competitive; Analysis on product preferences of the consumer.
- Seeking to reduce special diet numbers. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p12s
Reports on the reduction of special hospital patient menus by reducing fat, calories, sodium, and cholesterol contents in basic recipes in the United States. Nutritional information printed together with hospital menus; Descriptions of recipe; Modification of recipes to satisfy costumers and...
- NY Hospital launches same-day menu selects. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p58
Focuses on additions made to the food service operations at the Benedictine Hospital in Kingston, New York to better serve patient needs. Rationale for offering same-day selection patient menu; Cycle of the patient menu; Operational charges; Impact on service times; Menu features. INSET:...
- Hospitals fight costs. // FoodService Director;6/15/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p28
This article reports on the rise of food costs per-patient-day from 2004 to 2005 in hospitals, according to the Industry Census Report of the FoodService Director. With no significant increase in revenue to help offset the cost increases, food service officials find themselves in a tailspin...