- FIT FAST FOOD. Donnelly, Shawn // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Dec2004, Vol. 65 Issue 12, p142
Analyzes the nutritional content of several menus served at fast food restaurants. Fire-Grilled Shrimp Caesar Salad from Burger King; Great Biggie French Fries from Wendy's; Chicken McGrill from McDonald's.
- Sensible salads. // Consumer Reports;Jun2010, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p9
The article presents a comparison of the nutritional value of salads from fast food and casual restaurant chains including the Fuji Apple salad from Panera Bread, the Grilled Chicken Caesar salad from Olive Garden and the Premium Southwest with Grilled Chicken salad from McDonald's.
- Fast feeders seek to raise bar, toss around salad ideas. Lohmeyer, Lori // Nation's Restaurant News;4/21/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the launching of several salads onto the menus of fast food restaurants in the U.S. Improvement in the perceptions about health foods; Promotion of the Jack's Ultimate Salads of Jack in the Box restaurant; Target market.
- Room to Grow. Robinson, Jim // Foodservice & Hospitality;Jul2003, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p94
Reports on the performance of quick-service restaurant industry in Canada for the 1st quarter of 2003. Decline in the frequency of visits of customers loyal to quick-service restaurants; Entry of main-dish salads; Need to consider improvements in packaging.
- Spread the news: We still have work to do. Stone, Terry-Lynn // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Feb2007, Issue 292, p16
The article offers the author's thoughts on the aspect of natural health and healthy lifestyle in Canada. The author is concerned that some people are oblivious about the information on food and nutrition. In fact, the author cited fast food restaurants as the worst perpetrators of unhealthy...
- Skinny on QSR: Chains get wise, wealthy on good health. Zuber, Amy // Nation's Restaurant News;2/17/2003, Vol. 37 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the growing number of fast food restaurants offering healthful menu options in the U.S. Influence of obesity issues on the trend; Increase in the interest of consumers in eating health foods; Additions to the Happy Meal lineup of McDonald's.
- Fast-food finder. // Shape;Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p46
Reports that the Food Finder Web site, www.olen.com/food, provides a nutritional breakdown of menu items at 20 fast-food chains.
- Fast Food Outlets Under Growing Pressure. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2012, Issue 75, p55
The article reports on challenges being faced by fast food outlets in Ireland including endocrinologist Donal O'Shea's call to the government to introduce calorie posting legislation, and call of the Count Me In campaign to fast food chains to display the nutritional values of their foods.
- Eat This Not That. // Men's Health;May2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p68
Compares the nutritional value of two meal types from Burger King.