Using Successful Models of Student-Centered Transition Planning and Services for Adolescents
- CONDUCTING A RURAL SCHOOL DISTRICT TRANSITION FAIR: SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES FOR STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES. Baugher, Robin; Nichols, Joe // Education;Winter2008, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p216
Concerned that their special education students were not being adequately prepared for the post-high school world, a rural Arkansas school district made a concerted effort to provide a systematic transition program in which opportunities for life after graduation could become a meaningful...
- The Facts Ma'am, Just the Facts. Brooke, Valerie; McDonough, Jennifer T. // Teaching Exceptional Children;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p58
The article focuses on the transition from school to work for individuals with disabilities in the U.S. It discusses the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and the importance of individualized education programs (IEP). The Social Security benefits for people with disabilities are...
- The Difference School-to-Work Makes. // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Sep2001, Vol. 76 Issue 6, p8
No abstract available.
- School-to-Work. Smith, Greg // Career World;Oct97, Vol. 26 Issue 2, p16
Presents information on the outstanding School-to-Work programs in the United States. Comments from Miss America 1996 Shawntel Smith, who visited various programs; Reference to the Charter Elementary School in Newburgh, New York; Opportunities the School-to-Work program will offer; Estimated...
- Here is what we must do at school to get our students ready for work. Brand, Betsy // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1993, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on a school-to-work system in the United States. Preparation of students for getting good jobs; Offer of academic and technical skills to students; Launching of the National Education Goals; Participation of communities in helping students prepare for the move from school to workplace.
- School-to-Careers survives, gets $4 million. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;08/25/97, Vol. 14 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the success of Nevada's School-to-Careers program that aims to bring education and workplace closer together despite criticisms from religious conservatives. Increase in the number of students and employers registered in the program; Passage of a legislation providing additional...
- School-to work programs are a vital tool for introducing today's students to the `real world'. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;2/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p54
Discusses the significance of school-to-work programs for students. Need to prepare students to the real world of business; Insight on the change in the attitude of teenagers toward learning; Advantages of school-to-work programs.
- Counselors connect with school-to-work resources. // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p37
Informs on the services of the National School-to-Work Learning and Information Center, a joint endeavor of the US Departments of Education and Labor. Helping of professional counselors and others implement school-to-work systems; Collection of information.
- School-to-work programs may (or may not) be a source of trainees. // PHC Profit Report;9/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 18, p4
Discusses the importance of school-to-work programs as a source of trainees. Criticism against the joint initative of the US Department of Education and the US Department of Labor in the implementation of the program; Goals for students in school-to-work programs; Key aspect of the program.