- Books read success into ventures with magazines. Kelly, Keith J. // Advertising Age;2/10/1997, Vol. 68 Issue 6, p14
Reports that retail book publishers are striking up deals with magazine publishers to release works inspired by magazines. Deal between Janklow & Nesbit with Harper-Collins for a joint book venture; Wenner Media's `US' as signing a contract with Time Warner's Little, Brown & Co. to publish a...
- Marvel 2004 Revenue Up Thanks To Licensing Income. // Book Publishing Report;3/14/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p4
The article reports that Marvel Enterprises Inc., New York, reported 2004 revenues of $513.5 million, up 47% over 2003, primarily due to its joint venture with Sony for Spider-Man movie merchandising and the increase of licensing revenues. Licensing revenues, which include toys, books and other...
- Union, developer invest on Woodward. Mercer, Tenisha // Crain's Detroit Business;04/21/97, Vol. 13 Issue 16, p38
States that the Professional Plaza building in Detroit, Michigan has been purchased by the joint venture of developer Walter Cohen, and the Michigan Regional Council of Carpenters (MRCC). Background information on Cohen; Examination of the deal with Cohen, and the MRCC; Comments from Cohen.
- 2007: More Money. MORE LAUNCHES. MORE MONEY? Thompson, Alastair // AdMedia;Feb2007, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p13
The article focuses on the dominance of the online sector in key advertising categories in New Zealand during 2006. Media company APN decided to purchase 50% of startup classified and business directory Web site Finda.co.nz. Magazine publisher ACP established a joint venture with APN around its...
- Sulb close to acquiring Union Gulf Steel rolling mill. BAXTER, KEVIN // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/17/2010, Vol. 54 Issue 51, p12
The article informs that Sulb, a joint venture of the Bahrain-based United Steel Holding Co. (Foulath) and Yamato Kogyo Co., is about to buy United Gulf Steel (UGS) rolling mill in Saudi Arabia.
- Old standby has new owner. // Business New Hampshire Magazine;Oct91, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p11
Reports about the purchase of Michael L. Lyons of Standish, Maine on Tower Publishing Company, publishers of the `New Hampshire Register.' Information about the periodical `New Hampshire Register'; Comments of Lyons about the publication of the periodical.
- New media company takes over market-leading magazine brands. // Onfilm;Jun2009, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p5
This article reports on the acquisitions of several magazines by media company Mediaweb in 2009. The magazines include "Onfilm," "The Data Book," "AdMedia" and "Fastline." According to publisher Toni Myers, she is delighted that a number of key individuals from the publications are joining her...
- Publishers extend reach with partnership ventures. Calvacca, Lorraine // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;5/1/99, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p17
Reports that magazine publishers in the United States have extended their reach while limiting risk through joint start-up publications. Includes `Talk' magazine, a 50-50 venture of Hearst Magazines and Miramax Films; `NFL Insider' of Petersen Publishing and NFL Properties Inc.
- Beauty and the Beach. // Global Cosmetic Industry;Oct2002, Vol. 170 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the team-up of fragrance manufacturer Coty Beauty with the 'Movieline' magazine to benefit Oceana. Organization of the 'Beauty and the Beach' party; Aim of the joint venture to raise funds; Dedication of the organization to cleaning and preserving oceans worldwide.