Random Buys Multnomah (Officially)
- Harold Shaw publishers becoming imprint of RH's WaterBrook Press. // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on Random House's acquisition of religious press Harold Shaw Publishers. Proposal to make it an imprint of its WaterBrook Press division; Annual revenues of HSP; WaterBrook Press' plan to hire three to four members of the acquired publisher's staff.
- PASSAGES. // Christianity Today;Oct2006, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p24
The article presents updates on issues and events related to Christianity. Australian biblical scholar Leon Morris died from complications caused by hip surgery on July 24, 2006. Christian publishing company Multnomah Publishers will merge with WaterBrook Press, an evangelical publishing...
- Phyllis Grann Returns to Random House. // Book Publishing Report;12/8/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the editorial position of Phyllis Grann at Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group of Random House Inc. Career in book publishing business; Quality of work life; Business relations with authors.
- Million-dollar man. MacDonald, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jul/Aug2008, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p10
The article offers information on "The Gargoyle," the first novel of author Andrew Davidson which was sold to Doubleday U.S. for $1.25 million. Doubleday acquiring editor Gerry Howard says that it is the most they have paid for a first novel in a few years. Eric Simonoff, Davidson's agent,...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;4/16/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 16, p3
The article offers news briefs on book publishing in the U.S. Doubleday Broadway is closing Morgan Road Books. Barbara Marcus, former president of Scholastic Children's Book Publishing, has joined the board of B*tween Productions, publisher of the Beacon Street Girls series. Lisa Dugan, who was...
- Bertelsmann more American than German after Random House acquisition. // Book Publishing Report;09/27/99, Vol. 24 Issue 38, p1
Reports on the acquisition of publishing company Random House by Bertelsmann AG. Financial performance of Bertelsmann in fiscal 1999; Total revenues from the company's United States operations; Plan to digitize Random House's entire backlist; Contemplation of more acquisitions.
- Consumer group asks FTC to scrutinize RH sale. // Publishers Weekly;5/18/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 20, p20
Discusses the pending merger between Bertelsmann's BDD and Random House. Request of retired Senator Howard Metzenbaum in his capacity as chairman of the Consumer Federation of America that the Federal Trade Commission investigate the merger; Reasons for an investigation; Statement of...
- Publishing industry writes dismal new chapter. Flamm, Matthew // Crain's New York Business;12/8/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p2
The article presents news briefs related to several dismals in the publishing industry. Random House Inc. has broken up two venerable fiefdoms, the Doubleday Publishing Group and Bantam Dell Publishing Group. Simon & Schuster has axed 35 jobs, while other houses announced pay freezes and warned...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/26/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 21, p4
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry in the U.S. Doubleday Broadway Publishing Group will be renamed the Doubleday Publishing Group effective May 28, 2008. Chronicle Books has acquired children's book publisher Handprint Books. Revenue rose 16% at the religious publisher...