Simon & Schuster Reports 1% Q2 Increase, Awaits Big Second Half
- Sales, Earnings Fall at Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p10
Reports that revenues at Simon & Schuster fell for the first quarter ended March 31, 2000. Net loss of the company; Why company president, Jack Romanos was not surprised by the results.
- Sales, Earnings Improve At Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/30/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the improvement in the financial performance of Simon & Schuster in the third quarter of 2000. Increase in earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization; Factors which contributed to the financial gains; Decline in sales for a nine-month period.
- S&S Reports Double-Digit Sales Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the increase in the sales of Simon & Schuster for the first quarter ended March 31, 2002. Factors which contributed to the results; Performances of its different divisions.
- Sales Rise, Earnings Fall At Simon & Schuster. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 7, p9
Reports on the profit drop posted by Simon & Schuster Inc. (S&S) in 2001. Factors attributed to the drop; Hits of S&S in the adult hardcover segment; Comments from Jack Romanos, company president.
- Revenue, Operating Income of Publishers Continues to Slip in Q1. // Book Publishing Report;May2009, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the decline of the revenue and operating income of publishers in the U.S. in the first quarter of 2009. Major publishers attribute the decrease in revenue to the country's economic crisis. Survey shows the improvement of Harlequin and Scholastic over the results in the...
- Publishers' First Quarter Generally Stronger Year-Over-Year. // Book Publishing Report;May2010, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the revenues and profits of trade publishing houses in which a rebound for the first quarter of 2010 is observed according to the "Book Publishing Report" (BPR). It says that profit increase of 53.7% is reported by four publishers including Simon & Schuster Inc.,...
- Revenues Rise at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/29/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 30, p9
Reports on the profit posted by Simon & Schuster in the U.S. for the second quarter ended June 30, 2002. Reasons behind an increase in the profit of the bookseller; Comparison of the profits of the company during the first quarter and second quarter; Goal of the company for 2002.
- Sales, Earnings Fall at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p18
Reports on the decline in the 2000 second-quarter earnings of publisher Simon & Schuster. Amount of decline in sales; Factors that affected the financial performance of the company.
- Sales Up, Earnings Down at S&S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;10/29/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 44, p17
Reports on the growth of sales and drop in earnings of Simon & Schuster for the third quarter of 2001. Reason for the drop in earnings; Increase in sales of the company for the first nine months of the year.