Hachette Book Group Enhances LagardÃ¨re's First-Half Revenue
- LAGARDERE MEDIA REVS DOWN 1%. James, Alison // Daily Variety;7/30/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 18, p6
Reports on the decline of the revenue of Lagardere Media in France. Impact of the increase in the subscribers to the digital platform Canal Satellite on the company; Performance of the company's magazine publishing business; Plan of the company to sales its stake in the European aircraft maker...
- Sales down, profits up at Hachette. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;4/27/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 17, p17
Reports that Hachette Livre, a French publisher saw a decrease in sales and an increase in profits for 1997. Statistics; Types of books Hachette publishes.
- MEDIA MOVES. // Advertising Age;11/5/1990, Vol. 61 Issue 46, p8
Presents updates on the publishing industry as of November 5, 1990. Appointment of executive Harold Evans at New York-based Random House Adult Trade Books; Expectation on the net profit of Paris, France-based Hachette.
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;3/17/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 11, p4
This section offers news briefs on the U.S. book industry. Vroman's Bookstore has been named Bookseller of the Year. The store was cited for its tremendous service to the community. Sales in Hachette's publishing operations in the U.S. and Canada were close to $500 million last year,...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/12/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 19, p4
This section offers news briefs on the publishing industry. Total sales at HarperCollins rose 3.8% in the third quarter ended March 31, 2008 to $302 million. Hachette Book Publishing India released its first two book titles and plans to publish between 20 and 25 titles by the end of 2008....
- LIFELINE. // Campaign (UK);2/11/2005, Issue 7, p11
This article reports that with the death of its founder, Franz Burda, and the succession of his son Hubert, the company, which has always been one of the most innovative publishers in Germany, becomes more international in its approach. A joint venture with Hachette follows and Burda Fashion is...
- Rights Standoff. Russell-Walling, Edward // Publishers Weekly;3/12/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 11, pS8
The article discusses issues of rights exclusivity in the publishing industry in Great Britain. Hachette stated that it would give exclusive European rights to its British publishers whenever it owned world rights. According to British agents, if U.S. publishers wanted European rights, they...
- Egen Retiring After Stellar Career. // Publishers Weekly;12/18/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 50, p12
This article reports on the retirement of Maureen Egen as deputy chairman and publisher of the Hachette Book Group. Egen joined the then Time Warner Book Group in 1990 as editor-in-chief of Warner Hardcover Books, where she edited Scarlett and discovered and published The Bridges of Madison...
- Lagardere buoyed by media sales. // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;5/15/2001, Vol. 368 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the increased earnings of Lagardere SCA for the first quarter of 2001.