Bowker Stat-of-the-Week: Privacy Law
- Legal Literature. // California Law Review;Sep25, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p519
Presents an update on legal literature in the U.S. as of September 1925. Books on law issued during July and August 1925; Information on the supplementary volumes of 'Mews' Digest of English Case Law'; Impact of the unwillingness of the law book publishers to announce their publications on book...
- The commoning of the common law: The Renaissance debate over printing English law, 1520-1640. Ross, Richard J. // University of Pennsylvania Law Review;Jan98, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p323
Focuses on the disagreements over the promises and drawbacks of legal publishing in England. Justification of law printing offered in Henrician England; Political and social effects of the books; Dispute over the perceived threats and advantages of legal publishing; Effects of the controversy...
- Bar Center Publications. // American Bar Association Journal;Jul75, Vol. 61 Issue 7, p867
Lists various legal publications from the American Bar Association, compiled as of July 1975. 'Barrister'; Transcript of proceedings of the National Conference on May 2-4, 1974.
- Law Publishing in Scotland. Cherry, Margaret // Legal Information Management;Spring2009, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p47
Law publishing in Scotland has seen something of a renaissance during the last 20 years. This article by Margaret Cherry is an overview of Scots law publishing from a Scottish perspective. It looks at the factors which influence publishing decisions, including market and economic considerations...
- EL ROL DE LA LIBRERÃA INTERNACIONAL EN LA DIFUSIÃ“N DE LA LITERATURA JURÃDICA. LEIVA, ALBERTO DAVID // Revista de Historia del Derecho;2005, Issue 33, p159
The article presents information regarding international publishers' and bookstores' effects on the the spread of legal literature, focusing on the case of Parisian book seller Rosa & Bouret during the mid-19th century. The article investigates the profundity of the publisher's influence in the...
- Australian can sue U.S. publisher. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;12/23/2002 Double Issue, Vol. 36 Issue 51, p21
Focuses on the increased potential liability of online publishers. Scope of filing law suits against online publishers; Details of law suit filed by businessman Joseph Gutnick against Dow Jones & Co.
- FOLIO: PLUS. Love, Barbara // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p9
Presents news items related to publishers and publishing in the United States as of June 2000. Growth of online publication companies; Business-to-business publishing companies' putting of circulators on the electronic commerce management team; Changes in the high-technology industries.
- Simplifying the Permissions Process. Zarem, Jane E. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;6/1/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p72
Reports on a Web-based system that grants reprint rights. Charging and collection of fees for publishers; Reduction of workloads; Sources of reprint revenue.
- JUST PUBLISHED. // PA Times;Dec2001, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p17
Presents several books on public administration for the American Society for Public Administration members.