Harlequin Sales Fall While Unit Sales Creep Up
- Hempel has a satisfying year in 2007. // Paintindia;Mar2008, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p191
The article reports on the improvement in position of Hempel Group in 2007. According to it, the company increased revenues by 19 percent and operating profit by 57 percent to 96 million euro. It says that this achievement was made despite of the high fluctuation of raw material prices and the...
- Modest Gains for Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 44, p10
Reports on the decline in revenue of Harlequin during the quarter of 2003. Factors that contributed to the decline; Operating profit of the publishing company.
- Earnings Rise 4% At Harlequin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/1/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 9, p10
Deals with the financial performance of book publisher Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. for the year 2003. Operating profits of the company; Decline in the sales of Harlequin; Factors attributed to the decline in the sales of the company.
- Harlequin Has Strong Earnings Gain in 2nd Qtr. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/19/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 33, p16
Reports on the increase in revenue and profit of book publisher Harlequin for the second quarter ended June 30, 2002. Sales of Harlequin's women fiction and North American segment; Amount of operating profit for the first six months of 2002.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;11/19/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 46, p8
Reports the revenues of the Harlequin books in the United States. Increase n annual revenues; Investigation of the operating profits; Evaluation of the lower direct marketing earnings.
- Foreign Exchange Rates Affect Telesat Revenues in 2Q 2015. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Jul2015, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p6
The article reports on the impact of the U.S. foreign exchange rates on satellite communications company Telesat Canada's revenue in the second quarter (Q2) of 2015. It states that the company's revenue has increased in Q2 due to stronger dollar during the quarter. It also mentions that the...
- In weakness is strength. Farrell, Greg // Adweek Western Edition;5/15/95, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p38
Discusses how chief financial officers of advertising agencies can manage their assets in view of the collapse of the dollar. Growth of business from outside the United States; Purchase of insurance in the form of a currency hedge; Risks of currency hedges; Companies' attitude toward hedging.
- Dealing with the Dollar. Delegge, Ronald L. // Research;Jan2010, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on the impact of the weakened U.S. dollar on other countries. The value of respective currencies of Thailand, South Korea, Russia and the Philippines will move downward as they are net buyers of the U.S. dollar. This article also evaluates some strategies for dollar hedging...
- Anemic Dollar Fails To Stem Growth in Foreign Travel. Ruggla, James // Travel Agent;2/16/2004, Vol. 315 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the decrease in the value of dollar against the euro in the U.S. Growth in the foreign travel; Difficulty of hedging; Increase in the bookings of Globus.