MDR Market Tips
- Teachers' direct buying power approaches $2 billion. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/12/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 32, p15
Reports on the purchase of educational materials and school supplies by public schools in Connecticut. Budget allocations for education; Types of products purchased; Benefits for the students.
- Teachers spend US$1.2 billion of own money yearly. // Reading Today;Feb/Mar2003, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p13
Presents the results of a research by Market Data Retrieval on the spending of public school teachers for instructional materials in the U.S. Out-of-pocket spending by teachers; Classroom budgets; Impact of state standards on the quality of materials purchased by teachers.
- Texas Schools Remain Cautious in Their Spending. // Educational Marketer;3/26/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the expenditures of school districts for instructional materials and technology equipment and services in Texas for 2011. It reveals that 229.9 million dollars were spent on adopted English language arts materials during the year. The second highest expenditure is for...
- Districts Save lime and Money, Help Students Achieve Through Centralized Management of Resources. // Tech & Learning;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p7
The article introduces the centralized Educational Resource Management (ERM), a solution employed by most public schools to reduce administrative costs and at the same time redirects savings toward instruction in the U.S. It discusses the nature and characteristics of ERM in terms of providing...
- Hunan Province Overhauls Primary and Secondary School Teaching Guidance Materials. // Chinese Education & Society;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p100
Reports decline of the volume of teaching guide materials and educational readers for primary and secondary schools in Hunan Province, China. Reasons for the reduction of the volume of materials; Impact of the decline of educational guide materials on students; Implications for financial burden...
- State Legislatures Vary in IM Review and Ed Funding. // Educational Marketer;4/4/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p1
The article offers updates related to the legislation on the distribution of instructional materials and educational funding at the various states in the U.S. including the spending plan in Kentucky, the textbook selection process in Tennessee and the textbook adoption process in Louisiana.
- Florida Legislature to Meet on Cuts Including Education Funding. // Electronic Education Report;9/21/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p6
The article reports on the move taken by the legislature to make budget cuts in light of a $1.5 billion tax receipt shortfall in Florida. It notes that the state's real estate slump has caused state sales tax collections to sag below the forecasts for the year when the state's $71 billion budget...
- ECISD invites public to view materials. // Wilson County News;1/28/2015, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p7A
The article offers brief information on the public review event of the East Central Independent School District (ECISD) wherein school teachers offers samples of K-12 social studies, 9-12 mathematics and fine arts instructional materials for public viewing in Texas, on January 30, 2015.
- Colorado legislature debating bill that would increase materials funding 31%. // Electronic Education Report;03/25/98, Vol. 5 Issue 6, p6
Focuses on a move by the Colorado House of Representatives to act on a bill increasing spending on instructional materials and other classroom materials in 1997-1998. Provisions under bill; Grant from the federal Technology Literacy Challenge Fund; Release of report outlining how K-12 schools...